Interview...Blue slip...but

My SO Lu Li had her interview yesterday. We knew last week that her marriage eligibility document was more than a year old now so we thought it might be a problem. She said her VO was an approximately 40 year old American woman who had decent Chinese language skill and with my SO's fair English they mamaged fine. She thought that the VO was very nice and kind and was happy with the interview. She was asked basic questions about how and when our relationship started, my visits (3) to China, our divorces. She had to produce the I-134 and my income tax forms. She was told to just get an updated marriage eligibility document and she would get her visa. My SO is sure that the decision was made before the interview. So we are very happy with the result although keeping our powder dry just in case.

Best wishes to everyone else in line

Roger & Lu Li :D

That is Great, I'm sure you made it.

My S. O. was told to come back today for her interview, She needed the Payment receipt for the Visa from the bank,,, She forgot to bring it and I forgot to tell her too......

Rick

I was really worried about my SO forgetting something like that also. It seems to me that generally Chinese are not as detail oriented as Americans (ewwhh I feel a beating about the head and shoulders coming on for me).

Best of luck with your interview today.

rogerluli,

I don't recall anywhere when you expect to get the papers taken care of? Or is this going to take a while? Did they give  clear instructions on how to proceed?

Regards,

National Enquirer Hotline.

Wow the National Enquirer. Will you send a photographer?

My SO is now on her way home to Huaihua in Hunan to get a new single certificate/marriage eligiblity document. This will no doubt involve her running to several offices to get impressive looking chops affixed to the document and of course paying the 500 RMB fee to everyone who chops.

My SO is sure that the decision was made before the interview. So we are very happy with the result although keeping our powder dry just in case.

Sounds like a little work and the visa will be given.

I am very sure the decision is made before hand. My SO's interview lasted 2 minutes. She said the VO, was a nice young gentleman. The way he talked to her, it was like, "Don't worry you have the visa, I need to see just a few things to verify our decision."

Looking at how many visas (business, travel, student, immigrant CRx and non-immigrant Kx visas) they process in a day, they have to pre-process all applicants. There is no way they could make the decision during the interview and process that many people in a day.

I understand, no matter what their decision is, they must give each applicant an interview.