need help quick!!!!

i'm filling out the AOS i live in the lower level of my mom's house i'm renting from her! her income is not part of mine and vice versa we do not support each other finacialy at all in anyway!

on the AOS is says to list anyone living in the same residence that are related to you by birth, marriage or adoption! include yourself.

my queation is this do i put my mom down here or not? i do not support her in anyway i'm just renting from her. the only thing we share is the same address.

i called the NVC they told me i MUST put her down as part of the household because we share the same address. i told them that we are totaly independent from each other and our incomes are not combined at all they said i still must put her down!

i wanted to know more about this so i called a about 4 immigration lawers and told them about my situation. they all told me i do not have to put my mom down because we do not support each other in anyway and we do not claim each other on our taxes either!

i called back the NVC told them what i heard and they told me i still have to list my mom has part of my house hold!

if i followed the instructiong on the AOS i would just list me and the person i'am supporting ( which is my wife) it would only be a 2 person house hold then i would only have to make a little over $15,000 a year but if i put my mom down i would have to make $19,588 a year. so being that i live in the lower level by myself and my income is mine only and i dont claim anyone other than my self on my taxes why should i have to list my mother it would just rise the amount of money i need to make in order to support i family of 3 in which i dont have. it would be just me and my wife.

a few hours i called back to the NVC and spoke to another person there explianed my queations and concern's she told me that the addvice i got from the immigration lawers was correct i would not have to put donw my mother becauser or income or totaly seperate.

SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? DO I HAVE TO PUT MY MOM DOWN ON IT OR NOT???

PLEASE HELP I'M FEELING SOOOOOOOOO STRESSED OUT I WAS PLANNING TO MIAL THE AOS THIS WEEK. THANKS ALOT! TODD

Let me preface by saying, first, i am no lawyer and that ultimately the decision you make is yours...

1) If you list your mother as part of your household, you also need to add her income (this solves both problems); however,

2) You should treat your mother as a landlord (despite the relation) and continue filing in that since.

As long you are honest and are prepared to defend yourself as such, I would not worry about this and just file this according to what the immigration lawyers have said - after all, they are paid professionals and feel lucky they have not sent you the bill to prove it.

If I lived in an apartment building would I have to include all the other occupants in the other apartments? Of course not. Your mother does not live in your household. Your apartment is your household, not the building it is located in.

Just my common sense opinion. :D