Overcome Evidence Returned

Hey Everyone

Yang went to GUZ 3/7/05 to submitt overcome docs. She went back to GUZ the next day, and they returned everything to her - the VHS tape of us conversing, my phone records, all our pictures, copies of my passport, and a letter ( the letter was not even opened).

Is this normal? Should they have returned this evidence at this point? I would think that they would need to keep it for our file, particularly the VHS and phone records, at least until they have reached a decision on our case.

Since the letter was not even opened,I am wondering if they even looked it?

Any similar experience?

She does still have her blue slip, and she took it with her monday. She does not have another interview scheduled. After she returned her first set of overcome docs, she recieved a yellow slip saying they needed more time to process, and they would notify her. We did recieve a letter from the chief consular GUZ saying Yang has one year to submitt supporting evidence, m-thur 9-10am. Despite showing GUZ this letter, they still gave her crap about taking these docs.

When I read some of the true horror stories that have happened and are happening to people in this process I think my country is moving from the vision of Reagan's America of the city on a hill to Kafka's Amerika of a windowless room. Our hearts and best wishes go out to everyone experiencing problems.

Hey Everyone

Yang went to GUZ 3/7/05 to submitt overcome docs. She went back to GUZ the next day, and they returned everything to her - the VHS tape of us conversing, my phone records, all our pictures, copies of my passport, and a letter ( the letter was not even opened). 

Is this normal? Should they have returned this evidence at this point? I would think that they would need to keep it for our file, particularly the VHS and phone records, at least until they have reached a decision on our case.

Any similar experience?

Seems unusual to me. When Bing and I went back the next day after submitting overcome documents she had another interview. They never returned any of the evidence we submitted to us. They intentionally keep changing their methods though in order to stay one step ahead of the scammers so it could be nothing or it could be an interminal wait like mooncarolcafe had. Only the great an powerful GUZ knows.

Thanks for the input

It may come down to a trip to GUZ.  Do you know of anyne who has actually gone to GUZ and spoke to a consular specifically about their case?

You can go to the American Citizen area of the consulate, take a number and talk to a nice lady behind the glass window. I did, and she was very helpful. The guards, on the other hand, are not so helpful or well informed. Do not discuss your situation with the guy in the booth where you get the visitor's badge. Go to the second floor and tell the lady everything about your problem. If there is any help to be had this is where to start.

If she tells you to go to the visa section make sure you have her inform the guard downstairs that you are being sent there. Otherwise he'll give you a hard time.

Good luck.

Hey Everyone

Any similar experience?

Seems unusual to me. When Bing and I went back the next day after submitting overcome documents she had another interview. They never returned any of the evidence we submitted to us. They intentionally keep changing their methods though in order to stay one step ahead of the scammers so it could be nothing or it could be an interminal wait like mooncarolcafe had. Only the great an powerful GUZ knows.

I have a strong feeling that when GUZ gives a blue slip without the SO in China, they are looking to see what is the petitioner's reaction. If they see him/her come to China, then things go forward. If the petitioner fails to come to China, things are held up. Carl went to China, problem solved. I think you need to take a trip to China soon.

Good luck,

Mike

in a few other countries, i have read that the petitioner needs to be there for the interiview.

it seems at Guangzhou, the petitioner is not allowed at the actual interview, but his or her presence it needed in some cases for a positive decision.

i have just taken it to mean that i need to be there.

of course that also does not guarantee anything, but at least i will be there to help try to solve any problems that might come up.

it is really a pity, and i think a shame and crime that the petitioner, if he or she is there, is forbidden/not allowed to be present during the interview.

how much easier their job would be (and our experience with Guangzhou) if they could see both parties of the relationship present.