My fiance is having problems getting her single status notary papers. She has her divorce papers notarized and translated from June 2004 and I don't see why that would not be sufficient enough. If she got remarried then the divorce papers would be stamped as wasted and would not be any good. She just went to the public notary and they told her that it was impossible to get a single certificate and that the only thing she can do is to write a letter to say that she is single and the notary office could verify that it was her signature. What should we do now?

Jingwen's notarial divorce certificate contained some language to the effect that she had not recorded another marriage since the divorce. Apparently, this was sufficient for the folks in GZ. One caveat - Jingwen went through the process over a year ago, so I can't guarantee that things are the same today.

Not to worry.

In Rong's case, her city did the exact same. They are not allowed to state that a person is single (as they can not prove that). Just have her go in and make a sworn statement, that she is, and they will certify that.

It worked just fine last week for my darling!

My fiance is having problems getting her single status notary papers.  She has her divorce papers notarized and translated from June 2004 and I don't see why that would not be sufficient enough.  If she got remarried then the divorce papers would be stamped as wasted and would not be any good.  She just went to the public notary and they told her that it was impossible to get a single certificate and that the only thing she can do is to write a letter to say that she is single and the notary office could verify that it was her signature. What should we do now?

I just made a affiidavit stating I was single since last divorce..