Sorry, just found this thread....

Trigg, I really don't know that much about the type 2 ---- my Father in Law has it and manages it pretty well ---- 20 years (at least ) our senior ---- BUT HE LIVES IN CHINA!!!!

....not exactly the epicenter of deep - fat fried donuts :)

Yeah, Jim, in my opinion, you were too slim for your size....

In my case, with the diet change since Fei got here in Dec. I have lost 15 lbs.... 195 (her cooking) and she has gained maybe 5 .... 112 (my cooking..)

Well Trigg I'm sorry to say you are officially among the ...aged population acording to the http://www.diabetes.org/type-2-diabetes.jsp web site.. sigh ;)

I tried but seems you just don't fit into the other catagories.

On the bright side, as you get up each day and look out at the big green exspanse of your back yard.. you can take comfort in know.. "Yup any day now I will have eaten that much in greens and than some!"

This is a good time to eat healthy and with a Chinese wife how can you not, think young.. well try and think anyways and get out there and exercise.. nope Spil chucking even if done daily ain't xer'siz en.

For me eating three meals aday and walking I think has dropped a few pounds.. well at least I have moved is it up or down a belt notch??

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth