tourist visa to - multiple entry

does anyone know more about the new tourist visa to china? according to the following article, it should be available for business and tourist, be valid for 12 months and allow for multiple entries:

==============

http://usinfo.state.gov/eap/Archive/2005/J.../13-789324.html

The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has also agreed to reciprocally issue to U.S. citizens visiting China on temporary business and tourism visas valid for 12 months and multiple entries.

===============

has anyone received one of these? if so, how or where can i apply for one?

thanks

Pingme:

Last week I mailed the Chinese Consulate in Houston regaring the Multiple Entry (L) Visa (tourist visa). I have traveled to China on Two Entry (L) Visas previously and I would like the multiple entry visa now.

If you go on the Chinese Embassy in USA and look under Visas, the information is there. I cannot pull up the link at the moment !!!

Below is the text of the e-mail response from the Chinese Consulate:

Please provide the copy of your marriage certificate and the certificate of real estate ownership bearing your or your wife's name to apply for a multiple visa you can stay for up to 120 days each time but please specify that on your appolication form.

Visa Office

Consulate General of the Peoples Republic of China

Add: 3417 Montrose Blvd, Houston TX 77006

Automated Info Center: 713-5217459

Fax: 713-5210237

I think all you need is either the Marriage Certificate or the apartment deed but not both. However, I have both (we bought an apartment in Shenzhen) so I will send them both to obtain the multi-entry visa. I have a copy of the house contract and our Marriage Notorial Certificate with me in USA.

I am returning to China in early April, so I will have the visa by the end of this month. I use a passport agency in Houston to obtain my visas.

Mark

Try this: http://houston.china-consulate.org/eng/vp/...zgqz/t53303.htm

The link on the San Francisco consulate's website bounced me to their Houston website. But as far as I know, you will need to either be married to a Chinese national, own real estate or have legitimate business in China in order to receive a 1 year, multiple entry visa.

When I applied for my 1 year, multiple entry visa in San Francisco in January this year, I brought my Marriage Certificate and a copy. I asked the girl behind the glass if I would be able to obtain a 1 year visa if I were not married. She replied that the above mentioned criteria needed to be met.

Don't know if it still applies now, though. Trying won't hurt. :unsure:

I just got a 12 month visa from the local PSB in Hangzhou with multiple entries. The guy at the PSB asked me if I wanted a 12 month visa and if I would like multiple entries. It cost about 480 RMB. Not too bad I think.

I had been living in Hangzhou for the past 2 years with my wife and returned to the US in Jan. for job interview and just came back in Feb. for 4 weeks before I start working. I have had 2 L-visas for 3 months before and now they offered the 12 month. When i applied for any of my L-visa's I had to give a photocopy of my marriage cert. and a passport photo, with the application.

I hope that helps.

Matt