A mock wedding ceremony

We started the k-1 process in August-04. We did not know this actually take much longer than we expected. So we decided to have a mock wedding at Ellen's local church in Dec-04. We invited all her families members and friends to attend the wedding and had a video made from the wedding ceremony.

we were wondering if this videotape could be submitted as the evidence of proof? we don't want to risk the chance of them saying we got married in China and are no longer eligible for K-1, as it was only a mock wedding. Also, to those who had this kind of experience, do you think it will be better to provide pictures of the wedding or should we leave those out? Just want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

thanks

Kris & Ellen

NEVER give them any pictures of a mock wedding. Nicola and I had a "Engagement Party" just like a wedding but no legal documents and we kept all our pictures and videos at home! Your a K1 visa and you don't want them taking forever looking up documents to see if it was real or a not. Make sure you tell her to mention it as a "Engagement party" or else there's trouble.

Now I am wondering if we should use the pics we had taken. My SO and I went to a wedding photo studio in GZ and had many pics taken in traditional Chinese and Western wedding garb. None show a wedding ceremony, just the two of us in a variety of settings and poses. Could the VO twist this into the fact that we must be married ?

Now I am wondering if we should use the pics we had taken. My SO and I went to a wedding photo studio in GZ and had many pics taken in traditional Chinese and Western wedding garb. None show a wedding ceremony, just the two of us in a variety of settings and poses. Could the VO twist this into the fact that we must be married ?

I am also thinking whether i should take those pictures taken in the wedding photo studio with me for the interview , haha... date is only on

waiting for P3 or P4 , i m not sure which on i already got now : (

It is okay to take photos of your engagement party. I would stay away from anything that might be interpreted wrong.

Make sure your SO understands the word "Fiancee". She will need to use this for interview as well. Make sure she knows not to refer to you as husband or wife either in English or Chinese.

I do not understand why, we must submit proof of relationship, but they can think you are married without proof. How do you prove you are only engaged and not legally married? After all, it is the legal issue we are taking about here. We all know in our hearts we are husband and wife. Yet, to be legally married you must have a marriage license. So how can they state you are married if they can not furnish proof of license?

This is why it is best to stay away from anything that could be misinterpreted.

Lizi and I submitted some of our studio "wedding" pictures with our P1 and I think Lizi might have brought them with her to the interview too. Lizi had no problem getting what she calls "the fucking visa"!

I would be care what I sent them though, definitely don't want them confused and thinking you are really married. I wanted to have a wedding ceremony for Lizi's family, but she wouldn't allow it. She didn't want to have the ceremony and then be refused a visa. She would have been heart broken.