Hi guys. I am starting to see some posts saying that along with the DS230 comes a anice little message from NVC saying NOT to use the downloaded DS230 but to use the original that they included in the package. If so there goes my chance to have my wife sign it, fill in her name (in Chinese of course) and have it ready and waiting to go in advance. Anybody heard the same info? And is it barcoded? Thanks.

Goneflying2000:

I just received my DS-230 packet from NVC on Friday. The DS-230 is identical to the downloadable form off the DOS website. Many people on VisaJourney.com have used the downloadable form and was accepted by the NVC. The original form is two-sided. Also included is a "GIV Packet 3 Supplement" that must be completed (signed by your wife also).

You must send to the NVC (for couples going the CR-1 route) the following:

1. Attached barcode sheet (there is no barcode on the DS-230 itself)

2. DS-230 Part I (completed and signed by wife)

3. "GIV Packet 3 Supplement" (completed in English and Chinese and signed by wife)

4. Copy of Biographic pages from your wife's passport

However, I am very cautious, so I will FEDEX the DS-230 and "GIV Packet 3 Supplement" to my wife this week. I also need a copy of her passport and some unrelated documents (unrelated to our P3 filing at NVC). I know I will lose at 8 - 10 days, but I will take no chances at this stage.

If anyone is interested, I can scan the entire DS-230 packet (including instructions) into a PDF file. Let me know.

ChineseWife (Richard) has helped me, he recieived his packet a couple weeks ago and has pinned the DS-230 information on this website. Very helpful !!!!

Please let me know if you need more information.

Mark