Affadavit Question

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm a little confused, and finance and I are currently stand waiting for the "P4" package. I noticed that many people had to complete the I-134 and the I-864 forms?

I though we just ahd to complete the I-134. Also, do I need to get all of my documents notarized?

Thanks.

Your fiancee will need a notarized I-134 to take to the interview. Having the supporting evidence, e.g. the tax return and the letter of employment notarized is left to your discretion. It isn't mandatory.

The I-864 will come later.

So, what were people talking about a few weeks ago saying that they were going to the local government offices to get things notarized...I remember a long chain of messages about thick packages of documents with impressive seals on them?????

banks in the US usually have free notary services. In China only certain government agencies can do the trick.

So, what were people talking about a few weeks ago saying that they were going to the local government offices to get things notarized...I remember a long chain of messages about thick packages of documents with impressive seals on them?????

To marry a Chinese citizen, not only do the required documents need to be notarized, they also have to be authenticated on the local, state and federal levels and then authenicated by the Chinese embassy or consulate before taking them to China.

The only form that needs to be notarized is the I-134 but you can have anything you want notarized and/or authenticated.

Where does your "comfort zone" lie?............. :blink:

Real quick, Since I downloaded this, Can I just print the form and use it? :D It seemed funny to me that I could get it so easily and at the same time other sites were charging to order the form as well as giving government numbers to call and order it. :blink: I mean I would hate to print this and fill it out only to have GZ reject it because it is not on the correct type of paper and therefor invalid. :blink:

That would have been my post - here is an extract from that post:

"At County Administration I discovered they would notarize up to six items (including passport and visa copies) under a “California Jurat with Affiant Statement” for a grand total of $10. This notarized and sealed statement is attached to the top of the packet of six documents.

Next they sent me to the County Clerk office where they attach for $2 a “Certificate of Proof Acknowledgement,” which certifies the Notary Public, to the front of the growing packet. The packet of documents is looking more official as I move from office to office.

Now I head back to the California State Department where for $26 this office attaches a statement from the Secretary of State certifying that the “Certificate of Proof Acknowledgement” from the county is authenticated. The term for this is “Apostille” which is how you can create a notarized document that is recognized in a foreign country."

I can tell you that MM was very happy when she recieved the documents, it is an impressive packet and should show that a person has taken extra steps in documenting the visa application....at least that is our hope.

Real quick, Since I downloaded this, Can I just print the form and use it? :D It seemed funny to me that I could get it so easily and at the same time other sites were charging to order the form as well as giving government numbers to call and order it. :blink: I mean I would hate to print this and fill it out only to have GZ reject it because it is not on the correct type of paper and therefor invalid. :blink:

Just print it off the USCIS website and take it to your bank or someone you know at work who can notarize it.

That simple!

P.S.- make sure they emboss it with their seal. Just my preference. Government ppl love those seals!.......

Hell, be different, print it on canary or goldenrod...........or maybe pink? :PJ/K

I guess too much is better than too little. However, you aren't really getting the notorization recognized by a foreign government. Unless you consider the American consulale at GZ a foreign government.

A simple notary stamp will suffice. Best I can tell they only look at about 10% of I-134s.