how long till GZ sends P3?

Wow, it's been one of those Bad Visa Days, where you beat your head against the wall till exhaustion sets in, make a pot of coffee, then get back to the wall. So please excuse me for asking a simple question which I could probably find in the archives, but I just don't have it in me to run in any more circles today. You guys have always humored me in the past, so I hope you will again.

In a nutshell, how long does it usually take after an approved I-129 petition is forwarded to GZ before fiance receives P3? Our petition was sent from the NVC on February 4 and we haven't heard anything, and I'm worried that there was some confusion about her address (either by GZ or by the mail sorters at the university campus where we live). If you think this might have been the case (i.e. we should have heard from them by now) please advice on what steps I should take now.

So I spent all day trying to actually talk to somebody in GZ and failed. But I did send a fax with a foolproof address, written in Chinese and English. should I expect to hear anything back from GZ about that, or just hope that it is duly noted and their files updated?

Thanks a lot. Whatever info you might have will certainly ease my mind. It's this uncertainty that's killing me.

Like Trigg said, it can take a few weeks. What happens is the NVC sends a couple of boxes with the files in them to GZ, and then they sit waiting to clear customs. This can be one week or 6 weeks, depending on when they want to go pick them up. After that it takes a couple of weeks for the P-3 to be sent out.

Then the wait for the P-4 begins. :lol:

Good luck and I think you should have the P-3 by the middle of March.

Dave