I-864 (and hellos)

Hello all from Portland (well really Camas, WA)

I came back to the United States about 3 weeks ago. I miss my wife quite a bit, but don't miss the city even slightly yet.

I was having an arguement with my father about what is more important on the I-864: the previous three years or recent earning from current employment. See, the argument was based on whether the government, by its own rules, would even care about how much a person made on a pay check, because my mom has made enough for the last 4 years, but based on a current paycheck, would make only 15K for 2005. My dad contests that they could suppose anything based on three to four months, and they don't request anything but the most recent pay stub as proof of employment.

The facts are:

My mom will not make enough for 2005, though who knows she could get a raise, but her monthly income is not high.

My dad can't prove what he makes because my brother never wrote my dad a W-2 form and he currently has no job. (I mean he does, but he is self-employed, and proving that would be difficult now)

My mom made enough the last three years on her taxes to sponsor three people. I am not considered a resident in my parents house, at least not until July. (6 months).

Should I:

A. Just give up on my parents and ask my uncle and aunt who will have no problem.

B. Hope that my dad can prove his income

C. That I am wrong and that my mom just needs to prove that she has the same current employment and they don't do a numbers game with current employment, but base it off history, but making less, but same job.

I really think I'll have to ask my uncle, yet I want to believe my dad is correct in saying that they don't add up numbers that have not be assertained, I just figure they estimate. He doesn't know how annoying VO can be, and a bad VO could be a jerk about it.

This sponsor business is my only problem, though I am concerned about my SO being cheated for the doctor thing and anything else, I'd like to know if there are some good people in China who won't cheat you over that. (I feel slightly jaded about things over there, living there has not given me a happy opinion of the system) (still my family there is great)

-------------------------------

Hey you Portlanders, my e-mail is danielhubbell@gmail.com. I live across the river in Camas, but if you want to contact, just give that a send. I know my wife will need some Chinese support, so I'll try to be better about staying up with things.

Dan