Hi,

I called DHL just to check if my package had arrived in Guangzhou, China. I told him the package was sent from the NVC Service Center in Portsmouth, NH and was to arrive at the US Consulate in Guangzhou. He told me that 6 packages were shipped from out that day to Guangzhou and those had arrived in China on 1/13/05. He wouldn't tell me anything else.

My package was out on 1/7/05 and if it arrived and was stamped on 1/13/05, shouldn't the Consulate have received the package by now and more so my fiance should have received her Package 3?

Thanks.

Hi. Your package is most likely in China now. Unfortunately, it is also in customs clearance delay. This can take from 1 to 5 weeks. For some reason, GZ lets all of their cases sit in clearance delay until they have a small truckload of them. Then they pick them up all at once.

Call DHL again and get tracking numbers for all of the packages

when the last has cleared customs clearance delay, wait a day or two then e mail GZ.

good luck!

does anyone know if this a DHL policy to let them sit and wait, or an embassy order to not recieve the packages for some reason?

DHL prides themselves to deliver quickly anywhere in the world, it seems counter to their company goals, and reputation to deliver something and then just have them sit there idle, waiting to be stolen, lost or forgotten.

and if it is the embassy's instructions, then another reason to contact our representatives/senators to look into the matter.

if you have the tracking or package number for these shipments, we should be able to ask DHL why the mail is not being delivered in a timely manner. if they say it is the embassy that refusess delivery, ask the to put that in writing and forward that to your senator/representative.

pingme

does anyone know if this  a DHL policy to let them sit and wait, or an embassy order to not recieve the packages for some reason?

It's not a DHL policy. It's a Chinese customs policy...........

E-mail from GZ July 28, 2003:

Thank you for your email, we searched our files for your record, both

under

the romanized spelling you provided and the possible variations, but

were

not able to locate any record, we have not received the petition file

on

your behalf. It therefore appears that your petition is in one of the

recent shipments of immigrant visa petitions being delayed by

imposition of

new procedures by customs authorities in China. We are working with

these

authorities to expedite customs clearance of the affected shipments.

The

Chinese authorities have begun issuing the newly-required importation

permits and we anticipate the shipments will be released shortly.

sincerely yours

immigrant visa unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 12958