Oh Trigg, Great Emperor, Wise Man in general and daddy to us all:

I'm not saying I don't trust you 100% and would not lay down my life for you, BUT

I would feel better with some input from some others who have successfully navigated through this hoop. So I ask again:

Question 10 on I134 form: None or current beneficiary ???

And as an extra bonus and to help those who have not gotten to this part yet, this helpful hint:

When you print the I134, print it on both sides of the same page. This is so that it is one single document with 1 notary seal instead of 2 pages of a document with 1 seal for both pages or 2 seals on 2 seperate pages. 1 page with 1 seal avoids any ambiguity. Also, do not make any changes or corrections after it has been sealed, as this effectively voids the seal !

I134F?

What is that? A new malt liquor?............. :lol:

OK OK I went brain dead for a second!!

I have removed the extraneous F from the I134.

Now, how about an answer to my question, tywy??

P.S. You are way up there on my top 10 list of knowledgable posters!!! :lol: :lol: B)

P.P.S. I will save the malt liquor until after she is safely here in the US, has cleared customs and we have both sucessfully negotiated L.A. traffic and we are home!!! :D

The I-134 has been the most questioned form on this board than any other form, it seems. And what I have learned is that people interpret in different ways. Also, I think that the I-134 is not that much to be concerned over as long as the petitioner can meet the requirements. Since the creation of the I-864, the I-134 has lost some of its bite. I'm not saying to take it lightly but don't take it too seriously either. Save the over-seriousness for the I-864. This is a contractually binding form ever more so than the I-134.

With that said, don't worry about any small and insignificant 'typos' should you notice them later on the I-134 either. In most cases, the VO doesn't even ask for the form.

As far as question #10 goes; I put NONE. Others have put the beneficiary/applicant's name down. Again, it is no big deal.

Some ppl have used 3 tax returns; some, just one. Again, it is sort of a preference thing and whatever the petitiioner is comfortable with.

Using one sheet of paper is a good idea. But I used two. Again, preference. Don't sweat this form too much, people. Just prepare it neatly and to the best of your knowledge. Save the sweating for the I-864!......:lol:

Oh Trigg, Great Emperor, Wise Man in general and daddy to us all:

I'm not saying I don't trust you 100% and would not lay down my life for you, BUT

I would feel better with some input from some others who have successfully navigated through this hoop. So I ask again:

Yes and you show wisom beyond your years as in my hecktic flurry of important ordained duties, I misread the question. The answer I gave was at the very leasts brilliant. However, it was possibly geared for a different question. It is slightly possible that I may have been wrong. Once in the past I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

I did manage to successfully navigate through an I-134 but never an I-134f. Unfortunatley I have slept since then and can't remember anything about it except they never looked at it.

I completed and sent in my I864, and I always hear people talking of the I134 so I downloaded it and was trying to fill it out when I came to the conculsion it was like repeating the 864. So I guess I will ask this:

If we fill out an I864, do we have to complete the I134 if I am applying for the CR1. I really cannot recall ever being asked for it.. only read about it here..

What say ye, oh brave and smart gentlemen and gentleladies?

:lol:

Guest Long_strider

On item ten, put the name of the person you have assisted in obtaining the visa for (ie. on a K-1, your fiance (and children, if any).

Remember the I-134 might also be used to co-sponsor someone who did not assist in obtaining the visa, (for example, another family member co-sponsoring your fiance if your income is below 125% of the poverty level.

just my 1 and 1/2 cents

long_strider

I completed and sent in my I864, and I always hear people talking of the I134 so I downloaded it and was trying to fill it out when I came to the conculsion it was  like repeating the 864. So I guess I will ask this:

If we fill out an I864, do we have to complete the I134 if I am applying for the CR1. I really cannot recall ever being asked for it.. only read about it here..

What say ye, oh brave and smart gentlemen and gentleladies?

The I-864 varies significantly from the I-134 Affidavit of Support

currently in use. It is much longer and far more technical than the I-

134. As a legally binding document, it necessarily contains contractual

language and legal terminology and will be difficult for many petitioners

to complete without assistance. The I-864 is to be used only with the

immigrant visa categories listed in Para 7 below. Any other visa case,

immigrant or nonimmigrant, which may require an Affidavit of Support to

meet public charge provisions should use the I-134.

A little dope on the subject posted above.

You are an IV petitioner so you will need the I-864 instead of the older I-134. NVC will handle the I-864 and send it to GZ.

But is is a good idea to let your wife take a completed I-864 with her at time of interview.

Bahan noticed about 15 days on your timeline for the P-3 supplemental from NVC. Nice suprise wasn't it?

Yuppers... and I hope for quick movement now... hahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaah... oh well. At least it will make me chuckle.

I gave LuJing a copy of all paperwork, including the I184. I think now I will go ahead and complete a fresh I134 right before the interview, and then if they ask, we will have it on hand...

Thanks..

I gave LuJing a copy of all paperwork, including the I184. I think now I will go ahead and complete a fresh I134 right before the interview, and then if they ask, we will have it on hand...

Being a petitioner for an immigrant visa, you will be wasting your time on an I-134. The I-864 was introduced in December 1997 as a more binding contract in provisions of the public charge. Some petitioners for K-1 visas are even required to submitt an I-864 in some countries and not the I-134 as it once was.

Have an I-134 prepared for the interview if you must but it will be to your advantage to have an I-864 prepared because that will be the form they will want to see if they ask for any support affidavit at all.

INA 213A

Being a petitioner for an immigrant visa, you will be wasting your time on an I-134. The I-864 was introduced in December 1997 as a more binding contract in provisions of the public charge. Some petitioners for K-1 visas are even required to submitt an I-864 in some countries and not the I-134 as it once was.

Have an I-134 prepared for the interview if you must but it will be to your advantage to have an I-864 prepared because that will be the form they will want to see if they ask for any support affidavit at all.

INA 213A

Ok, done that. I will make a fresh 864 also.. after all, what else do I have but time??????

:blink: