Chinese New Year

Enight,

Since my family is big (lots of uncles, aunts, and cousins), I have collected over $2000 (USD) for all the years.  When I get marry, I have to give instead of receiving.  :rolleyes:

I believe it. Last year the going rate for my wife's family was 100RMB each. Lets see, oldest brother, five girls, oldest sister 3 children, three more sets of nieces and nephews, nieces and nephews children.... It adds up!! :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather to save that much money to do something else though... maybe go visit all the Disney Land? :(

I have never been in Disney Land yet :rolleyes:

Aren't they planning to build one in HK? And a Universal Studio in Shenzhen.

I have been to Disneyland in Anahem, CA (near LA) 5 times. I used to live in LA county. I like Universal Studio better. Disney World is in Orlando, Florida. A lot of ride at the Magic Kingdom is out of date.

Aren't they planning to build one in HK? And a Universal Studio in Shenzhen.

yes, Tony,

...I heard they reported on TV this week that the HK is building one Disney world (or land), haven't been to Universal Studio also!... let me write down it on my list! thanks! lol

Aren't they planning to build one in HK?   And a Universal Studio in Shenzhen.

yes, Tony,

...I heard they reported on TV this week that the HK is building one Disney world (or land), haven't been to Universal Studio also!... let me write down it on my list! thanks! lol

Enight,

If you like scary rides, then there are Six flags Park in USA. There is one in Springfield, Mass (less than 1 hour from Hartford, Conn). I like the water park there.

Univeral has simulation rides (like how they make special effects in movies).

You will be like a kid at a candy store when you move to USA.

:D :lol:

True, but I also was making much much more money in the US, so it all evens out in the end.

...but now you gain much much much more happiness than you had in the States

... I assumed it as you are willing to live in China with much much less money.

Absolutely correct.  I have never regreted coming here to live so I could be with my wife and daughter.

... then it will be perfect when you go back to the States with your wife and daughter... you will have happiness and own much much more money!! B)

Congratulations Owen!

Unfortunately, Enight, this whole process has taken so long for us, (Oct 2000) that my wife's daughter has now turned 21 and cannot accompany her mother to the US. Her mother will have to file for her immigration after recieving Permanent Resident status. They now tell me that by immigration law, she is not my daughter. In my heart, she is.

When I was with my wife and her family during the new years celebration, I had remembered the "Changing of the Light bulbs" Making sure that all the bad bulbs are changed and new ones put in. Then there were some weird looking flowers that looked like a lemon turned inside out (at least the buds looked that way) and the peacock feathers. (I remember this distinctively since I ended up carrying everything) :D I think that may be why my wife married me. :D There was also the Tangerine trees that I see strapped to the backs of motorbikes and other things. They had one at my new sister-in-laws apartment and they had it decorated with little red envelopes and white lights. I got 800 yuan last year, but now that I am married to wife, I have to give money to my nephews and Niece and mom of course! (400 yuan each) Plus all the gifts that they had asked me to bring with me (mostly watches, perfume and Lego cars) I always joke with wife and say:

"What does Lao Gong get?" :D

I get all the love and friendship that I can ask from strangers who took me into their homes and treat me like I am one of their family. That is was Chinese New Year means to me.

Philip & Ru Fang