Guangzhou.....

egolessvegan

Sorry not to share the enthusiasm about $1 for DVDs and CDs and computer programs. The pirating of intellectual property is probably the largest hurdle in Sino-US relationship and for US economic health. See Business Week cover story a few weeks ago on fakes. It is not a victimless crime either. Note that terrorists such as Hamas in the Middle East were found to be raising funds by selling fake DVDs in Central America. Wouldn't want to support those guys. In the Business Week article they mentioned one Chinese company making fake medicine that was using road paint to paint pills the exact shade of yellow needed. These fakes are now seeping into the US system as well - when you are at hospital hopefully they give you the legit heart medication.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to bring a few dozen DVD's back with me. I won't bring any US titles back with me though, as my interest is in Asian (China, Korea and Japan mostly) dramas, comedies, historical dramas, Etc.

Besides, US titles are a dime a dozen anyway.

Political note: As for US economic health, our biggest hurdle is to get monkey boy out of the white house !!! (unless, of course, you happen to like trillions of dollars of debt!!!)