If your company health insurance will pay the bulk of the tab then by all means wait. If not then it is a lot cheaper in China. My wife had hers done at the same clinic where her medical exam was done after she got her visa. It was 300 RMB.

Guest Long_strider

She can get vaccinations anytime. The process on a k-1 says you must present evidence of obtaining them at the time of the Adjustment of Status Interview in the US.

Remember on a K-1 the 90 day visa in a non-immigrantant visa. The person may decide to not marry and return to their prior county so they ( the government) cannot "make you" have the vaccinationa until the time that the decision is made to remain in the US.

It is often cheaper and more convienent to have them performed in China, then having the process completed in the US unless they have health insurance that pays for this in the US.

Why not do it at the time of the health exam before the k-1 visa interview at the Consulate in GZ? If they do not pass the interview at the consulate (e.g blue slip) then they might not be able to enter the US and the vaccination have been completed unnecessarily.

The Shamian Interanational Health Clinic is about 2-3 blocks walk from the US Consulate in GZ. You can have the K-1 visa in the am, Pass the interview (yeah!!!) walk to the clinic, get the shots and documentation and then walk back in the afternoon or the following morning to pick-up the visa.

long_strider

The Shamian Interanational Health Clinic is about 2-3 blocks walk from the US Consulate in GZ.  You can have the  K-1 visa in the am, Pass the interview (yeah!!!) walk to the clinic, get the shots and documentation and then walk back in the afternoon or the following morning to pick-up the visa.

long_strider

Exactly what we did. When the family arrived in the US, we got the second and third in the series of some of the vaccinations.

I am scratching my head trying to remember but as I recall from some of hypoclears posts when his wife Bea was getting a CR1 visa GZ waived the vaccinations because she was pregnant. My guess is that they would be required for CR1. CR1 visas are immigrant visas where as K- visas technically are not.

I just looked more closely at my P-4 (bear in mind this is CR-1) and found an "important notice" on vaccination requirements. All IV applicants must have the vaccinations and it says "Panel physicials who conduct medical examinations... are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicatns have met the new vaccination requirement..."

It then lists the quarantine bureaus in CHina that can do this. It sounds definitely like it has to be done before the interview, at least for CR-1, and possibly B4 the health examination is done, but it's not clear. Anyone do CR-1 recently and what was the experience?

Guest Long_strider

http://www.visalaw.com/docs/vaccinations.txt

This link is to the cable sent in April of 1997 to the US Consulate in GZ regarding vaccination requirments. It is the most current requirment in place.

This is the link to the Foreign Affairs Manual used by the Consulate.. See page 9 which specifically discusses vaccination requirements and fiance k-1 visas.

long_strider