Parents and sister all got B2 visiting visas

my sister rang me up yesterday with a great news that all my parents and her obtained US B2 visiting visas so that they can attend my wedding reception which held in next month at Chicago. :) I was not terribly nervous at the visa issuance for my parents, but i did worry that my sister would likely be denied since she's young. wondering is US relaxing the restrictions for issuing B2 visas to Chinese? As far as I understand it was kinda difficult to be issued. anyhow, it's a cheerful news for people who would like their folks to attend weddings which held in the States. :D

my sister rang me up yesterday with a great news that all my parents and her obtained US B2 visiting visas so that they can attend my wedding receiption which held in next month at Chicago.  :)  I was not terribly nervous at the visa issuance for my parents, but i did worry that my sister would likely be denied since she's young. wondering is US relaxing the restrictions for issuing B2 visas to Chinese? As far as I understand it was kinda difficult to be issued. anyhow, it's a cheerful news for people who would like their folks to attend weddings which held in the States. :blink:

Wow!

This is *highly* unusual.

I gather from posts that I have read that your family is quite wealthy (your being able to travel outside of China for quite some time). However, for so many family members to simultaneously be issued a B visa, seems unusual.

Could you please share the details with us?

Congrats again!

Based on the assumption that they're being in fact more flexible, and our particular situation which most of you all know, is there any chance that my fiance get one just to visit me while this long process is over? Or do they just say a plain "no" to a K1 beneficiary who is going still through the process? I can figure out the answer, but it's just so unfair, well, I guess life is not fair for all..... Anyway, I'm glad that your family will be able to attend your wedding, congrats!!

Based on the assumption that they're being in fact more flexible, and our particular situation which most of you all know, is there any chance that my fiance get one just to visit me while this long process is over?  Or do they just say a plain "no" to a K1 beneficiary who is going still through the process?  I can figure out the answer, but it's just so unfair, well, I guess life is not fair for all.....  Anyway, I'm glad that your family will be able to attend your wedding, congrats!!

Mari,

It is *possible* but extremely difficult to get a B visa and a K visa at the same time.

There are some from EU or Wealthy nations who are turned away, and these people usually can just come on TWOV.

It is possible, and I would try, but it is not likely, because of the 10-foot pole issue (if you marry once here, he could stay, if you file for AP before the visa runs out).

It may be easier for you to meet in a *neutral* location somewhere, or go back to China.

*sigh*

Good Luck! I am hoping to hear good news from you soon...

Wow!

This is *highly* unusual.

I gather from posts that I have read that your family is quite wealthy (your being able to travel outside of China for quite some time).  However, for so many family members to simultaneously be issued a B visa, seems unusual.

Could you please share the details with us?

Congrats again!

thanks for everyone's nice wishes. well, my family no way reaches wealthy especially in the area they live (Hangzhou) but their financial condition is relatively good (the middle-class-up in China I would say). my dad's still working as a director of civil engineering and my mum already retired. my parents supported me to study in England for 3 years so they brought all the original bank transfer slips plus lastest 3 months bank statements in the interview. my hubby in behalf of us wrote wedding invitation letters and one letter for the consul which were also present in the interview. the VO asked 4 questions to my sister:

1. are you married?

A: Yes

2. will your husband be going to the US too?

A: No, he wont.

3. do you own a house or apartment?

A: i and my husband have a apartment.

4. do you own a car?

A. yes.

that was it. He didnt ask any questions to my parents and view their financial documents.

my mum has a friend who is much richer than my family but she has been denied B2 visa 3 times for visiting her daughter.(her husband didnt even apply with her for showing strong ties or compelling reasons to come back China after the visit). I believe it really depends on the VOs other than the financial condition. Lele is right, i was told the more simultaneous family applicants the more failure rate. whereas it will be sad if any of them would miss my wedding so I requested them to take the 'risk'.

Mari, I'm sorry but I would suggest you dont apply B2 while waiting for K1. I tried once when i was waiting for my K1 but denied. :rolleyes: though the VO was very friendly and briefly asked the purpose of my visit, but ended up with rejection---'i'm terribly sorry i just cant issue the visa to you. i understand your situation but based on our rule, you're not allowed to apply B2 which is a non-immigration visa while waiting for K1 which recognized as an intending immigration visa.'