How long will this transfering process last???

According to NVC, my CR-1 petiton was sent to GZ on 12/27/2004, and

until now I have emailed GZ thousands times to see if they have recieved

the files, but the answer is still negative. So I contacted DHL with the

hope of getting any infomation, and DHL said they could not locate a

tracking number or shipping status regarding the massage I had, which I

obtained from NVC :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now I have blindly waited for almost two months, god, it IS driving me

crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so afraid that my petiton is lost, and THAT will be a

real hell..........

anyone have some thoughts of such a situation??

Hang in there brother! I am right with you. My K1 is currently in clearance delay--if I am that lucky.

If you search around the posts, you will find many others who have had and are having it worse.

Did you receive the date NVC sent it? If you know this date, you can at least find the amount of packages sent that day and if they arrived, and when.

Good luck!

Old Timers??? Will calling the DOS line help at this stage?

DOS won't know anything until GZ picks up the package and enters it in the computer. It is fairly SOP for a petition to age to maturity in the DHL ware house for about 5 weeks before being picked up. When I went to the info session at GZ they said it is because of clearing customs. I am skeptical though. I suspect they use it as a warehouse until they are ready for some more petitions.

HI

Call NVC again and clarify the exact shipping date.

one more think i found out was that when you call DHL, make sure you tell them the shipper is NVC at portmouth, try to give DHL guy as many info. as possibile. I remember when I first called DHL, they told me the same thing that they couldn't locate the package by simplying using the postal code of both shipper and receiver. tell the guy exact shipper address and receivers name and address.

I hope this helps. I feel you, my friend, hangin there...

Good luck

Felix

My K1 package (I hope it is one of the four that went our the date NVC told me they sent my package) has been in "clearance delay" since feb 6

What is the status with yours?

Anybody feel like adding how long their package was in "clearance delay"?

I am so lucky to have timed my NVC shipment around the Chinese NY/ Spring celebration. Can anyone say "odds of losing package"?

This observation may or may not be useful to you all.

Yesterday China time, I observed outside the GZ Consulate entrance DHL deliver about 20 cardboard boxes into the Consulate. I could not tell from the markings if they were filled with case files, but the boxes were about apple box size. My educated GUESS is that they contained case files.

According to NVC, my CR-1 petiton was sent to GZ on 12/27/2004, and

until now I have emailed GZ thousands times to see if they have recieved

the files, but the answer is still negative.  So I contacted DHL with the

hope of getting any infomation, and DHL said they could not locate a

tracking number or shipping status regarding the massage I had, which I

obtained from NVC :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Now I have blindly waited for almost two months, god, it IS driving me

crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so afraid that my petiton is lost, and THAT will be a

real hell..........

anyone have some thoughts of such a situation??

Steve,

my P3 was sent out of NVC on 12/29. I called DOS, and they informed me it was entered into the computer on 1/5. So call DOS, ask them. You should be right with me.

later gater

:blink:

This observation may or may not be useful to you all.

Yesterday China time, I observed outside the GZ Consulate entrance DHL deliver about 20 cardboard boxes into the Consulate. I could not tell from the markings if they were filled with case files, but the boxes were about apple box size. My educated GUESS is that they contained case files.

King,

You have supplied a huge amount of useful information about the "pretend lawyers" who prowl around outside of the consulate, and about the methods of things coming and going. Thank you.

Now, if you can only give us some insight as to what to do in the chance that something goes wrong, and we can not be in China to help make a quick tape or jump through their hoops which require us to be there.

Thanks!

I had a similar problem getting the tracking number from DHL. When I called a second time, this person was more than happy to give me the tracking information. Once the shipment gets to Guangzhou, it will get hung up in "customs delay", mine was there for about 1 month. Then it will clear and go to the consulate. Mine took over a month to be receipted and be labeled as "interview eligible". Then you will wait for the interview date. Mine took about 3 weeks. The interview date is 4 to 6 weeks from that point. I will be in GZ in 7 days.

Don

Thanks. I am getting back into the grove here.

Today, I happened to see 20 or so more boxes being delivered to the

Consulate by DHS. I checked with the outside supervisor of the Chinese guards and he said the boxes were case files.

Lele

It is hard to give much guidance as each case is personal and based

on its own facts. However, I would say for the applicant and the petitioner not to panic if there is a refusal. Intelligent response to the IV unit is the most effective. Study the refusal (blue) sheet careful and do what is needed to answer the questions or concerns the IV unit has (sometimes, a lot, not stated directly). If you do not understand the situation or do not know how to respond, see a competent U.S. immigration lawyer.