Desepartely need Help

Hi All

I need some help on locating packet that NVC forwarded to GZ.

here is the story, I called NVC a month ago regarding my wife's K-3 status, they told me that the case was completed and was forwarded to GZ consulate on 22nd Dec. 2004.

it's been almost two months now, and my wife told me that she hasn't received any docuement from GZ. I was wondering what's going on, so I emailed GZ consulate to find out if the packet sent from NVC had arrived or not.

today, they replied me that they don't have the packet, nor has the case number in their system.

i remember from previous reading of your site that NVC normally ship dhl, so i called up DHL and tried to find the track number of the shippment to GZ on that date. but no luck, DHL told me that there was no shippment from NVC to GZ those two weeks...

now I am really lost? and I don't know what to do, so I tried to call NVC again, but they phone kept hanging up on me, and i couldn't get a live person to speak to after trying for more than dozen times, they say their business hour is 7am-8:45pm...

so what should i do, is there another number to call to find out the status of the case or the shippment?

I am totally lost.... please help me... :(

thanks

Felix

Hi Felix,

From what I understand, the paperwork has to clear customs in China, and that can take several weeks.

From our own expericence, It took us about 6 weeks to finally get confirmation that it was in the system at GZ, so it can take a while.

Also, people on here say to call the DOS visa center in Washington DC and speak to a visa representative. I have been call the center and have been having pretty good luck in getting through to a rep and finding out about my case.

The DOS phone number is 202-663-1225. Dial 1- 0 - 0 when you hear the recording. That will get you into the que to speak with a live rep.

Hope this helps.

I thought I'd call DHL and give it try. It seems I got hold of the same rep you did because he said someone had called earlier inquiring about the same date. He said he remembered the zipcodes.............loll.

Only thing I can suggest is to call NVC and double-check that mailing date. Dec 22 must be wrong if DHL doesn't show any record of it. Sometimes NVC logs packages sent out on a Friday but won't get picked up by DHL until the following Monday. That has happend. Also holidays will throw the dates off. But Dec 22 was a Wednesday so that isn't the case.

Call NVC and double check your mailing date.

-good luck

HI All

thanks for the prompt responses. i finally got a hold of someone today at NVC and they confirmed the case was sent to GZ on 22nd dec.

so i called again on DHL, luckly this time, they were able to trackk down four shippment on that day.. and two of them arrived quick on 30th dec, and two arrvied a month late(24th jan) have diplomatic material as the shipping content..

any idea, which one would my wife's packet be in?

thanks a million

felix

after checked all the delieveries. it looks that the packet has arrived in GZ office. how long would my wife receive her p3 from the GZ office? beause as of yesterday, GZ's email reply to me that they still dont have the case in the system...

any idea how long would it take for GZ office to input all the received case on 24th of Jan to the GZ system?

thanks so much for the help...

Felix