K-1 process question

Hi, everyone:

Happy Valentines day to all CFL members.

Though I am not fortunate to spend it with my Fiance, Selina, who is still in Shenzhen, I did get a "Valentines" present of sorts.

Today, I received my NOA2, confirming that my application has been approved. Though I am aware this is one of many hurdles we must cross, it was a great relief to get past this one with no delays or problems.

The NOA2 indicated that my petition is being forwarded to the NVC in New Hampshire.

While this is taking place, can someone be so kind to provide me with some guidance of what other documents I should start preparing on my end, and for that matter what should Selina start preparing in China.

I read from one of the other message strings, I should be preparing my I-134, Avidavit of Support. Once I prepare this document (and the additional supporting documents, bank statements, employment letter, ect),

Should I get them Notarized? and finally, where do I send this document?

My apologies for my ignorance and what is most likely a repetitve question on this forum.

Any other advice, guidance, or assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Eric

Your next document step is P3 it is still awhile away yet so relax do 1 form at a time, she(not you) need to do the forms, but it helps if she can just copy or even better just sign. Do a search for P3 forms or check out GZ website they have a good list, I might still have the full packet not sure or I think Don should have a copy of mine also and last but not least is k1k3.com has a packet copies.P3 from k1k3.com

I would advise NOT filling out the I-134 (or at least not notorizing it) until you have your interview date.

I filled out mine and got all the info back in October when we got P3 and now it's all too old. It's causing me a lot of problems cuz I have to get my dad, the co-sponsor to re-do everything, not to mention it's hard for me to get my own notorized here in China.

Save yourself some trouble and just relax for now. You don't really need to start getting anything ready until after P3.

But remember at this time to save all of your correspondence such as airline tickets, pics ect. That's all you can do for now.

Trigg is right it is a little early to worry about the I-134 but it is never too early to start cleaning. You still have about 6-8 months to interveiw.

Oh geez .. I'd better start cleaning ....

I agree with Amber - some docs have very short shelf lives and there will be time enough to prepare and send the I-134 and what not once you get an interview date. Do start familiarizing yourself with what is required, however, as it is confusing.

This is a good place to ask questions!

Thanks for all your help so far. Is there anything that I can have Selina do while we are waiting, such as getting police reports, passport, etc?

In the meantime, I'll start preparing my 2004 tax returns, should be an enjoyable weekend. Lol.

Thanks again for all your responses.

-E :lol: