form I-688B/I-766 Requested by Social Security

:P Newest "Problem".....My NEW Wife and I, and her daughter, went to the local Social Security Office; and, though it took several hours, we had No Problems getting my Wife Her Social Security Card.. [ said, would recieve in the mail in 2 weeks ] BUT!! Her Daughter, age 18, was Refused!! I was shown where the INS specifies form I-688/I-766 as a requirement to getting the Social security Number......

I called the BCIS, and waited 10-15 minutes to speak to a "Live" Person; who said She Would mail me the correct form.. [ said: "Same" as the I-765 ]

Question: Has ANYONE Else had these TYPES of Problems?? Yes, I want to get ALL of these OTHER Documents filled out and mailed; though, I was thinking that SS#'s were needed on the forms.....seems the #'s on the passport will do......

IF YOU HAVE ACCURATE INFORMATION on THIS "Problem"...I would appreciate a reply, to:Gerald, at: gs268@bellsouth.net

"THANKS!!!" Gerald

:P Newest "Problem".....My NEW Wife and I, and her daughter, went to the local Social Security Office; and, though it took several hours, we had No Problems getting my Wife Her Social Security Card.. [ said, would recieve in the mail in 2 weeks ] BUT!! Her Daughter, age 18, was Refused!! I was shown where the INS specifies form I-688/I-766 as a requirement to getting the Social security Number......

I called the BCIS, and waited 10-15 minutes to speak to a "Live" Person; who said She Would mail me the correct form.. [ said: "Same" as the I-765 ]

Question: Has ANYONE Else had these TYPES of Problems?? Yes, I want to get ALL of these OTHER Documents filled out and mailed; though, I was thinking that SS#'s were needed on the forms.....seems the #'s on the passport will do......

IF YOU HAVE ACCURATE INFORMATION on THIS "Problem"...I would appreciate a reply, to:Gerald, at:     gs268@bellsouth.net

"THANKS!!!"    Gerald

Unfortunately, Social Security distinguishes between a K-1 and K-2. K-1 holders do not need any specific documentation from USCIS to be issued a social card. However, K-2'ers are generally required to have an employment authorization document (EAD) in order to get a card that is valid for work. The EAD is obtained via the I-765. What I don't know is whether a K-2 can get a card that's stamped "Not Valid For Work".

Here's the SSA link that lists the required documents necessary to get the social security card. http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203500.

Both of my step kids were over 18 when they arrived in the US, but we decided early on to wait until the EADs were received before we went after the social security cards, so I don't know what would have happened had we tried to get cards before the EADs were issued.