Which one counts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean to tell me there is more than one??? ;) I just gave my wife 3 dozen roses today here in Nanning, and she was very happy! :D She knew just what today was when I gave them to her! ;)

I was happy that I was here in China because they only cost about $6.00. Where in America can you buy anything for that??? :o

You mean to tell me there is more than one??? ;)  I just gave my wife 3 dozen roses today here in Nanning, and she was very happy! ;)  She knew just what today was when I gave them to her! ;)

I was happy that I was here in China because they only cost about $6.00. Where in America can you buy anything for that??? :o

Fortunately, Jingwen doesn't like cut flowers - smelly, expensive, and not long lasting. So, I'm dodging the roses bullet for Valentine's Day. But, Trigg, if you're listening, she says she would love some earrings. Sounds like I've jumped from the frying pan into the fire. :D

Fortunately, Jingwen doesn't  like cut flowers - smelly, expensive, and not long lasting.  So, I'm dodging the roses bullet for Valentine's Day.  But, Trigg, if you're listening, she says she would love some earrings.  Sounds like I've jumped from the frying pan into the fire. :o

:D Earrings! ;) Yes that is the perfect Valentines gift! Maybe it can be a late gift after we get back to the states! Then we won't have to claim it through customs! ;)

Just so I don't screw up and get in trouble-again, which Valentines day counts, today or the Chinese version???? When is the Chinese one??? What will she excpect?? What is the minimum I can get away with and still survive??

Too damned many holidays and decisions ;)

Both count I suppose, then I can get 2 gifts. hehehe :D

The so-called Chinese Valentine's day is the Jan 15th of the Lunar new year, which is Feb 23rd this year.

Most Chinese women are practical and they prefer practical gifts. I told Cory what I would like to get for the V's day when he had a real headache to get me a nice gift. I said I would like to get a silver bangle, which matches my engagement ring. Cory has bought it but would present it to me only until next time he comes over. ;) He said it was an "expensive" gift and he just worries the gift will get lost en route.

jewellery is gal's best friend. :o Got her something elegant, not neccessarily to be expensive. Tiffany silver necklace/bracelet or Swaroski crystal ring/necklace are all decent and not very expensive.

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/category.a...o=vdhp6&mysid1=

http://shop.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...tegoryName=0104

Remember to give her a surprise. Women are all very sensitive. They are all attentive to details and they remember the details, such as some memorable days, special occasions. So if you can remember those details and give them a surprise, they will be deeply inpressed. ;)

Good luck and Happy V's day!

Just so I don't screw up and get in trouble-again, which Valentines day counts, today or the Chinese version???? When is the Chinese one??? What will she excpect?? What is the minimum I can get away with and still survive??

Too damned many holidays and decisions ;)

Trigg: I would suggest you get yourself a helmet for when the cast iron skillets and rolling pins start flying!!!!

I would think an estute man like yourself would know that THEY BOTH COUNT. Aug 22 is Womans day. I got brownie points for just mentioning this day to my sweetie when she received her red roses. :o :o :o

How many knocks on the head does it normally take you???

As for the fishing gear, I would suggest you hold off on the grenades for a while!!!

:P :lol: :lol:

How many knocks on the head does it normally take you???

As for the fishing gear, I would suggest you hold off on the grenades for a while!!!

:P  :lol:  :lol:

Tt takes more knocks than I care to remember but I ain't stupid. Grenades are out of the question. The steel plate in my head will fend off the cast iron skillet but it is no match for my wife with an explosive device. If the fishin' pole is thinking to small would a new shiny bassboat be better?? Me thinks so.

The traditional day for lovers in China is 7/7 on the Chinese calendar. The tradition has an interesting legend attached to it. You can learn about it by searching on line for chinese valentine. I have been sending flowers to her on that day. It is not widely celebrated today but I liked the story about seperated lovers. That is a theme we can all relate to, right? You can find ecards for it online also.

For flowers and proper holiday gifts I have found http://www.chinaflowernet.com/index.htm to have excellent service. They will send moon cakes to the family at mid-autumn holiday. I have had deliveries sent to rural areas as well as the cities.

:o Oh man am I in trouble,,, I just tralk to my S.O.,,,,,, She told me she bought us matching lover's rings,,,, She wanted to know, What I bought for us here for Valentine's Day,,,, :P Valentine's Day,,,I had to pause,, and Think :lol: ,,, Oh, Dear it is a surprise :lol: , No,, No,, I didn't forget,,, YES I DID!!! There goes that penny I found today :o

Rick :o