U.S. Consulate - Guangzhou Questions

Hi,

I have a couple questions and was wondering if someone out there who is currently or had been in my current situation could answer. I'm born in the U.S. and my fiance is from China. We are not married but plan to marry as soon as she arrives the U.S.

1. My package was approved by the USCIS on 12/14/04 and the package was sent to the NVC. I been trying to get in touch with a live person at the NVC but I can't get through so I emailed them. They emailed me back saying that my application has been sent to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou ( File to Post Date: 01/07/05 ). Does this mean that the NVC sent the package to China on 01/07/05.

2. Am I suppose to get a letter from the NVC?

3. I'm trying to estaimate an expected approval of her visa date by the U.S. Consulate. Based on the dates and information above, when should I approximately expect her to get the visa?

Thanks.

That is the date they sent it to GZ. Yes, you should get an email from NVC. Soon you will get packet 3 (p3) from GZ-then more paperwork, do this ASAP- and send P3 back--then wait for P$-more paperwork and interviewwait-

Likley be around 5-6 months more beefore you can excpect a visa. You have more paperwork and she has an interview-if all goes well she will get the visa the day after the interview.

You have come to the right place friend.

Ask away and someone will answer.

Welcome aboard Jfong988, For your questions I can give you some insight and hopfully others will chime in with the missing parts. Yes you will get a letter from NVC as it is aproveed and then sent to GZ. Processing has varied between 30 to 90 days at NVC with some having quite different experiences. When I was there I had to treat it like a phone in contest on the radio. If you get the message to call later, keep trying. You will get a human eventually. Unfortunatly they won't tell you much until it is aproved and then sent. Keep on them until you get the letter. In my case thay had to resend it when the first never arived. For the time it will take, that is the hardest to judge. Many of us greatly underestimated how long the process will take. Circumstances cause this to vary greatly. Jennifer and I might have a total time of 14 months from when I first filed. :huh: The first part was about 6 months to get from CSC to NVC so in one way you are already futher on your way. For now, you can look at the timelines provided by many here to get a general idea. Best advise I say is to hang on and endure the ride with us. We will be here to laugh and scream right along with you and also share in the joy right along your side when your her visa is finally granted. :)

1. My package was approved by the USCIS on 12/14/04 and the package was sent to the NVC. I been trying to get in touch with a live person at the NVC but I can't get through so I emailed them. They emailed me back saying that my application has been sent to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou ( File to Post Date: 01/07/05 ). Does this mean that the NVC sent the package to China on 01/07/05.

2. Am I suppose to get a letter from the NVC?

3. I'm trying to estaimate an expected approval of her visa date by the U.S. Consulate. Based on the dates and information above, when should I approximately expect her to get the visa?

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Perhaps mid-July 2005

4) Welcome to CFL!