I dug that up from a post several weeks ago on G7C.. It was too funny..

Some may have missed it

For our Chinese folks out here, remember that "Hu" in English, would be pronounced like "who"... So read this in "English"

A good piece of humor. Condi is Condoleezza Rice the national security advisor.

HU'S ON FIRST

By James Sherman

(We take you now to the Oval Office.)

George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?

Condi: Sir, I have the report here about the new

leader of China.

George: Great. Lay it on me.

Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.

George: That's what I want to know.

Condi: That's what I'm telling you.

George: That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of China?

Condi: Yes.

George: I mean the fellow's name.

Condi: Hu.

George: The guy in China.

George: The new leader of China.

George: The Chinaman!

Condi: Hu is leading China.

George: Now whaddya' asking me for?

Condi: I'm telling you Hu is leading China.

George: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?

Condi: That's the man's name.

George: That's who's name?

Condi: Yes.

George: Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader of China?

Condi: Yes, sir.

George: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the Middle East.

Condi: That's correct.

George: Then who is in China?

George: Yassir is in China?

Condi: No, sir.

George: Then who is?

George: Yassir?

Condi: No, sir.

George: Look, Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China.

Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.

Condi: Kofi?

George: No, thanks.

Condi: You want Kofi?

George: No.

Condi: You don't want Kofi.

George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And then get me the U.N.

George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.

Condi: Kofi?

George: Milk! Will you please make the call?

Condi: And call who?

George: Who is the guy at the U.N?

Condi: Hu is the guy in China.

George: Will you stay out of China?!

George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at the U..N.

Condi: Kofi.

George: All right! With cream and two sugars. Now get on the phone.

(Condi picks up the phone.)

Condi: Rice, here.

George: Rice? Good idea. And a couple of egg rolls, too. Maybe we should send some to the guy in China. And the Middle East. Can you get Chinese food in the Middle East?

Eric:

I have seen this before but it is even funnier second time around. I actually rehearsed and did a short skit of this with a couple of my English major students. It was slow going at first, but once they got the hang of it, and understood the humor, we were all in hysterics. You should here some of the mispronuciations of Arafat in Chinglish. Often the "r" became an "l". It was quite a hoot. :lol: :D :D

BTW, glad to see you are in better spirits. It's morning over here, so that means it must be evening over there on the plains, right? And also by the way, where in Florida are you from? :rolleyes:

Eric:

I have seen this before but it is even funnier second time around. I actually rehearsed and did a short skit of this with a couple of my English major students. It was slow going at first, but once they got the hang of it, and understood the humor, we were all in hysterics. You should here some of the mispronuciations of Arafat in Chinglish. Often the "r" became an "l". It was quite a hoot. :lol:  :D  :D

BTW, glad to see you are in better spirits. It's morning over here, so that means it must be evening over there on the plains, right? And also by the way, where in Florida are you from? :rolleyes:

I live in KS since 99. I lived in Florida 7 years before that and , Buffalo NY for 7 years before.. Where I moved to from France in 85'

Hey, Wichita has got to be better than Buffalo!  At least you can find your car in winter!  Of course the tires may melt in the summer, but that is a minor detail.  :lol:

yeah, I found my car last winter after scrapping off 2" of @#$^$%&^ ice off the windshield. damn, I miss Florida :rolleyes:

Actually, I prefered Buffalo.. At least they had WATER nearby ! Great for Ice diving :D

Some background kids...

Celebrated playwright James Sherman is author of a hilarious "Hu's on First?" sketch that he penned — dripping wet — this week after the Communist Party chose Chinese Vice President Hu Jintao as its new general secretary.

A member of the Victory Gardens' Theater Playwrights Ensemble in Chicago, Mr. Sherman, with due credit to Abbott & Costello, tells Inside the Beltway the idea splashed into his head while showering Monday.

"I raced to the computer and knocked it out," reveals Mr. Sherman, who actually arrives in Washington today to discuss his long-running theater production, "The God of Isaac." Without further ado, "Hu's on First?"

Well, yea.  I suppose that the Arkansas doesn't make for an entertaining dive.  Even when there is water in it.

Could be worse.  I lived in Baca County Colorado for a year.  The only standing water within 150 miles was barely enough to get wet in.

AR is not KS... But lot alike .. The water is a freakin' 1500 miles away !! God, my dive gear is getting outdated fast.... And I have the latest.... U/W comms, mixed-gas computers, fancy breathing apparati ,you name it <_<

I was refering to the Arkansas "River" that runs through Wichita.  Most people in Wichita call it the ditch.

I call it the pit.. LOL Not divable by any stretch of the imagination

Last time I checked visibility was 2 inches and the wildlife was a stripped chevy... LOL.... I DO miss 150 foot viz in the Fl caves.....