Very Angry- P3 in GZ 9/1, P4 not 2b for months

Dear CFL

My fiancé and I have been an avid “watchers” of CFL for months. I would like to say thanks to everybody for the tremendous insight into the K1 process that has resulted. Unfortunately, it is anger and disbelief which compels me to be a participant.

A little background… Our case was registered into Guangzhou 9/1/04. However, recent correspondence from GZ said it may take “months” to schedule and interview. So I wrote to my Congressman. His assistant contacted Guangzhou. They replied that her case is completed and “In the queue”. Their best guess is that she might interview in May or June. They said it is because of the backlog. But I see from the wonderful CFL members that most Sep P3s already have P4. We are very happy for all of them too. But regarding our own case, we are very shocked, saddened and angry now.

One reason might be because in Late November GZ responded to our request for a case update saying that the OF-169 was missing (see timeline below). I’m certain we sent it in w/P3 back in August. The frustrating part is that I was in regular contact with them the whole time and was never told anything was missing, prior this late-November correspondence. However, we immediately sent them a new OF-169. It was logged in mid-December. They said our case is processing “normal” and not delayed as a result – just the normal backlog.

It looks like to us that we indeed are being handled more like a December P3, unless it is something else. GZ didn’t even acknowledge my request to expedite our case. It feels like we have been put back at the end of the line, have to wait all over again, and very unfair. We are both just shocked and beside ourselves over this. Has anybody ever seen this before??

Any insight would be sincerely appreciated.

Our Timeline:

05/07/04 - I-129 Sent

05/12/04 - NOA1

06/03/04 - NOA2

06/08/04 – rcvd NVC

07/08/04 – NVC snt to GZ

08/13/04 – P3 rcvd

08/15/04 – P3 snt to GZ

09/01/04 – P3 in system

10/22/04 – Name checks

11/28/04 – DOS “still not in que” no more info

11/29/04 – GZ sd OF-169 missing

12/15/04 – “in the que”

XX/XX/XX – P4

XX/XX/XX – Interview ("maybe May or June")

Sorry to hear about your delay. Welcome to CFL.

Also, some people have been told a few months and have gotten the P4 a few days later.

On the other hand, looking at your time line, you went from P1 to P2 in 3 weeks. It took us 4.5 months!! Your original filing date could be a factor in the scheduling of an interview! It seems that the people who have filed the earliest are getting their interviews before those who have filed later.

Just my observation . . . .

Good luck!!

da64, Your timeline looks like mine. We sent our P3 back in Aug. 26, and as in your case, they also told me that they never got it back (2 months later). So we sent them again, and so, 5 months later we are still waiting. We got all the same responses as you got. I tried to write my Senator, but I guess he's too busy to respond.

Anyway, currently, the only consistent date I got from them is Nov. 5. This is when our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview. Well, good luck, and kudos to your congressman for responding to you.

I think the lesson learned is to keep track of the P3 sent to them, track the main, and make sure they enter your case in a timely manner.

Sorry to hear about your delay. Welcome to CFL.

Also, some people have been told a few months and have gotten the P4 a few days later.

On the other hand, looking at your time line, you went from P1 to P2 in 3 weeks. It took us 4.5 months!! Your original filing date could be a factor in the scheduling of an interview! It seems that the people who have filed the earliest are getting their interviews before those who have filed later.

Just my observation . . . .

Good luck!!

Well, it depends on the service center.

I filed in June and got the NOA 2 four weeks later...

However, I am in Boston and VSC is really fast.

Too bad when it comes time for AOS Boston is so darn slow... :) But at least we will be together!!!!!

---

I am so sorry to hear about your situation and hope that it can resolve itself soon. Do not give up hope, and keep on trying your best...

Welcome to DFL. Sounds like one of two things may have happened. First, as you suggested, GZ may be treating your P3 as a December P3 rather than September. Second, and this is purely speculative, I get the sense that GZ can be a equalizer of sorts. When the service center processes quickly, GZ seems to go more slowly. As I've said before, what the service center giveth, GZ taketh away.

I agree with amberzhu. The "months" response was likely canned. Hang, in there. The P4 will eventually come.

Welcome to DFL.  Sounds like one of two things may have happened.  First, as you suggested, GZ may be treating your P3 as a December P3 rather than September.  Second, and this is purely speculative, I get the sense that GZ can be a equalizer of sorts.  When the service center processes quickly, GZ seems to go more slowly.  As I've said before, what the service center giveth, GZ taketh away.

I agree with amberzhu.  The "months" response was likely canned.  Hang, in there.  The P4 will eventually come.

One thing to look for in the response from GZ is the quality of the written grammar.

They seem to have two different quality levels, one seeming to be that of a native English speaker and the other of a non-native English speaker. I am not sure when each is assigned, but it seems that the canned responses come from one (possibly clerks or other employees who are not VOs) and the others from the other.

Hang in there, good luck, and do not give up!! Have you *asked* them what date they are using for your interview queue location?

Unfortunately, it is anger and disbelief which compels me to be a participant.

Why are you angry about a May '05 interview?? You sent the I-129F in May '04. That would give you a 12-month timeline from start to finish. Sounds pretty good to me. We went 14 months from start to finish. I would have been delighted to go start to finish in a mere 12 months.

Any insight would be sincerely appreciated.

You may want to look at others' timelines. 12 months is an average. You would be just like so many others (or even better off) if you had a 12-month wait. Sorry you're not getting the 6 month timeline we all dream of.

We both understand your anger. We would like ours to be finished quickly as well, but reason, compassion and honor compel me to wish all of us get treated equally. This being said, it seems that the timeline of 12 months is average and should be considered. Looking at everyone's individual timeline, it appears everyone gets at least one delayed portion.

We both wish you expedience and happiness. :unsure:

I understand your anger, but hang in there ...

I had a late September P-3 date and was told the interview would likely be March or April when I called in November. When I saw all the other CFL September P-3s getting interview dates, I called and e-mailed in late January and was told it was "in processing". Just got a date last week. It will come. As someone advised me, get some cheetos.