My sweetie is here!!

The first thing we did after driving away from the airport was go to a local Asian supermarket for some groceries. She kept pointing at certain items and asking if I had them at home. I could only protest my innocence (or ignorance; "You're looking at me? :D ...I don't cook!:P")

It was interesting hearing her complain about items being too expensive, as well as not being as good as in China. This evening, we'll visit the local chain grocery store, I'm hoping she'll accept getting vegetables, meat, etc. there. But she'll need the Asian places for the oils, sauces, and spices she cooks with.

We're very happy, needless to say. :lol: B) (The place has already taken on a new aroma, from some cooking ingredients she brought in her luggage.)

On edit:

I just recalled; on the airplane heading back here, she told me they looked at our video tape (with positive effect) when she went back to the consulate. Apparently they wanted at more than just the updated unmarried certificate; though there was no specific mention of needing more relationship evidence. I reacted to her blue slip as if they did, and emailed the consulate (my lawyer faxed a letter as well), telling them we communicate in Chinese.

The video tape (made in September on my last visit) had to be convincing evidence, as well as the emails and chat logs she had with her. The backup email from me and the lawyer might have helped; at least in that my response was immediate, followed soon by the lawyers response, then quickly by her return visit.

I'm going to talk to her more about the initial interview and return visit. I don't think I have the whole story.

My best wishes and support for those still waiting; hang in there!

Welcome to America! and congratulations.   The things being so expensive will pass once she decides to just switch dollars for Yuan.  Then that 10 dollar item will be equated with 10 Yuan and declared cheap.

Understood. But the problem with that was she was already comparing things to their expense in dollars while in Nanning. So she already seemed to have a point of referrence to what the same items would have cost in dollars at home.

She swears she's not buying clothes for 3 years :P :lol: . She was already convinced that clothes in America are too expensive; and she's having her sister(s) send everything. (We discussed clothes prices online several times.)

She's going to have to work some things out for herself on the cooking ingredients she likes. I'm betting they're not available at the local HEB or Alberton's, so I'll take her there to see what she can get at those places; because they're much more convenient than the Asian grocers in the Austin/Round Rock area.

Congrats Lee and Julia to fighting your way to the SWEETEST part of this process!

Now, Lee, don't you have something better to spend your time on now that shes here- Like seperate socks or....... BEST of LUCK!

How's it going with the jetlag for her? I go to China (for extended periods), not too bad. When I come BACK I'm wrecked. Ten days and I'm finally straightening out. :lol: :P :D B) :D :D :P

Congratulations on your SO arriving in the US.

Trigg and Don you missed the point. Lee had to go get groceries to keep his strength up. And to load up because they will not be seen in public for a few days.

I know that is what I have planned when my SO arrives.

Dave

Congratulations on your SO arriving in the US.

Trigg and Don you missed the point.  Lee had to go get groceries to keep his strength up.  And to load up because they will not be seen in public for a few days.

I know that is what I have planned when my SO arrives.

Dave

We didn't miss a thing. A couple old dogs like us have hunted before. We got the groceries BEFORE she got her. Even stocked up on geritol.