I don't know how to even begain with my problem but, it is getting my wife her daughter and I very unhappy.

I do hope I am doing things here correctly so I can get help from someone that may of had the same problem.

I will try to explain as simply as possible. On June 19th 2002 I was married to a very wonderful woman in Chongqing China. I was with her for a month and returned to the USA. I filed a I-130 for my wife and her daughter. In May of 2003 I found that I could file a I-129F to get my wife and her daughter faster. It was approved in March 2004 along with the I-130. I chose to go with the I-129F because it was to be faster. My wife had her interview 19 August 2004 and was denied. She was to get more information for the interviewers. Before she had a chance to return to Guangzhou" within two week" she received a letter from Guangzhou telling her that she can't get a visa and her case was turn over to the fraud protection unit. My wife claimed that they were very rude to her and told her that she was up to no good. She was just getting married to me to get to the USA then she would divorce me. The only reason for them to deny her was that they said I was to old for her. I am 63 she is 44. Then they said we can't communicate because of her poor English, I teach english. Last of all is the fact that she was divorced fo only 2 months before we married. Even though she was seperated for 2 years.

Now comes the bad part. I was told buy the adviser in Guangzhou to go and finish with the I-130. We have done this and I have paid all the fees. My wife has filed the DS-230 papers but, I did not get a receipt or packet to file the I-864.

I checked the status of her case today and they told me it would be 990 days to prosses they I-130. It has beem approved already. What are they doing to us.

I have been in China since last Oct 3rd 2004 But, I would like to return to the states with my wife. I will stay as long as China will let me stay and wait.

Thanks for you reading this.

xinmoore

Thank you for posting this, xinmoore

Definitely a mess you are in. At least you are in China where you can handle it straight on with GZ. I'm sorry to hear about the K3 denial. I'm sure you have been working to resolve it. In the meantime, let the IV process run its course. Don't put too much credence into what CIS states on their website about your I-130. You know that you are way ahead of what that says. Concentrate on the IV application you have submitted. Stay on top of it.

As far as the I-864 is concerned, keep calling the NVC about it. Mail them a letter inquiring about it. Stay on top of that too. Be relentless in your efforts. If it comes down to it, make sure your wife has the completed I-864 with her at time of the IV appointment if you don't hear from NVC.

I wish I had more to offer. All I can say is, "fight the good fight, partner!"

Good luck to you both

I believe the 990 day processing date is standard on all responses.. That is the same time frame I was given, but I think it took only like 2 months. I would not worry too much about that date.. its probably to cover their sorry butts if it does take that long, then they can say they told you so.. typical government worker..

:blink:

I will stay as long as China will let me stay and wait.

This week Beijing changed the visa requirements for foreignors allowing international visitors to extend their visa for six to twelve months as many times as you want. I think the 2008 Olympics had to do with the change.

This change is true, if you are married to a chinese citizen, or if you are a large investor, or employed in a certain fashion. Since your wife, I presume, is Chinese, you should be ok.

Have you also considered giving up and moving to another, neutral country? I know that it sounds bad, but after all that she and you have been through, maybe the US will just add to her and your pain.

Good luck and keep on trying!!!