IV fee bill received, but still no I-864 form

I am still lost about the whole AOS fee bill. It was sent one month ago, but hasn't been cashed according to the bank, and hasn't been received according to the operator at the NVC(yes I got a live person). I just received the IV fee bill today. I will send it tomorrow. But the damn AOS seems to be in never land.

1. I have been living in China for the past 2 years and have been using my mother's address for all paperwork. I will have to use her household for my support form and use her for a I-864A form since I currently don't have a job in the US. Has anyone else founnd that this is a problem when sending in the AOS form?

2. I will start to work in another state in March, most likely after the support form is sent. When do I have to change my address and does that effect using my mother as a household income. Will the address change slow things down or will I have to send a new AOS form? Not sure what to do in this situation.

3. Last question, I haven't filed 2004 taxes yet, if I get the form in the next month should I make sure the are filed first ot can i get away with starting from 2003 since it is before April 15.

Thnaks,

Matt

I-130 sent..................11/10/2004

NOA1 rec'd...................11/26/2004

NOA2 I-130 apprv.................12/16/2004

3032 & AOS fee bill rec'd...................1/3/2005

3032 sent....................................1/10/2005

AOS fee sent.................................1/11/2005

Called NVC IV fee bill sent..............1/17/2005

3032 NVC rec'd.............................1/21/2005

IV fee bill rec'd.............................2/2/2005

I am still lost about the whole AOS fee bill.  It was sent one month ago, but hasn't been cashed according to the bank, and hasn't been received according to the operator at the NVC(yes I got a live person).  I just received the IV fee bill today.  I will send it tomorrow.  But the damn AOS seems to be in never land.

AOS fee sent.................................1/11/2005

Called NVC IV fee bill sent..............1/17/2005

3032 NVC rec'd.............................1/21/2005

IV fee bill rec'd.............................2/2/2005

Matt,

Your timeline says your AOS (I-864) fee was sent in 1-11-05 and your other post I believe said your mother sent it standard mail. Sorry to say it but, have some patience. Many people also ARE receiving their Ds-230 before the I-864.

My fee was sent on Dec.3 and I FINALLY rec'd. it last Thursday (1-27-05). There are several people at visajourney.com that are in this same neighborhood maybe a little less. Maybe it would be good for you to pop in and look at the NVC forum there and find that you are not even "due" yet. It takes NVC supposedly 10-15 BUSINESS days to process the payment in St. Louis THEN it gets sent to Portsmouth NH to be matched up with your file at which time they generate the I-864. There again is a many day gap BEFORE they actually mail it too. For your reference, again my son mailed the I-864 fee Dec.3, my I-864 package was dated Jan. 9th inside and had a post mark of Jan. 18th. Lastly I have found generally they want you to wait 6 weeks before contacting an operator short of a compelling reason for them to re-send (i.e., I moved).

I didn't realize how long it takes.  I will try to be more patient.  Thanks!

Hey Matt,

Just didn't want to see you chewing your own arm off in agony- knowledge that others are on the same timeline can settle our nerves. I also note your blazing right thru this process. Good Luck to us, Right. Hey, I am still waiting on my DS-230 if it makes you feel a bit better and my NOA-2 was August 31.

IF you want to put your timeline up so that it stays go to the top of the screen and click on "Your control panel", once that opens click on "edit signature" under "Personal profile" and type away. :)

Matt:

Sorry, I cannot help on the first two questions.

On the third question, I will tell you what I did. I have just sent the I-864 form and supporting documents to the NVC yesterday. I waited until I had my 2004 W-2 and filed my 2004 1040 three days ago.

I had the same question you did on 2003 versus 2004, but after reading posts on VisaJourney.com I believe either the NVC or US Consulate will eventually ask for updated financial information (2004 info).

While I do not know this for a fact, I felt the extra 7 - 10 spent waiting until I could file my 2004 taxes might save me any hassles/problems later. I think the I-864 is more important to the NVC for the CR-1/IR-1 filing than the I-134 for the K visas. However, this is just my guess !!!!

Mark

Thanks "chinese wife" for the signature time line how to. I was wondering how to do that. I was looking today at different people's time lines and I see that mine is very fast. So I will be patient. I had a friend from a senator's office call and inquire about my case in the beginning. That may be why it was approved so fast. I wonder if they get ear marked when that happens?

Mark I will wait and use my 2004 taxes as well. Anyway, I have to use a joint sponsor or use my mother's income until I start my job next month. Unless it takes that long to get the AOS form, than i can use my own income.

Thanks for all yor help,

Matt