immigration services.

As I am sure many of you are aware there are many so called visa services around the consulate where the unsuspecting recipients of blue slips wander in in despair. These services always claim to have the inside line at the consulate and for an exorbudant fee they claim they can get them the visa. Ususally they insinuate that they know who to pay off to make it happen. I remember when Bing got her blue slip some of these people told her they could get her the visa for a mere $5000.00. Folks as far as I know none of the visa officers at the consulate are on the take. If they were they could destroy a great carreer as well as go to prison. I remember Kim saying once to make sure your fiance doesn't show whether they got approval or denial when they leave the consulate. I think that is pretty sound advice.

Some of these people tried to snag my Julia after she got her blue slip. They told her their fee was $1000 to "fix her problem".

I told her "no way"; I would spend $1000 on a plane ticket than pay those sheisters; and didn't need them anyway. :D

... I'll reveal the reason in a new topic :P

I started this thread because someone contacted me needing help with a blue slip. Their SO had talked to one of these services and had him almost believing that if he payed them 6K they could get her the visa. If anyone has any experience with these services I would like to hear about it.

When I was there in Nov-Dec, the wife and I spent a great deal of time around Guangzhou and the Consulate. There was this Lady that started talking to my Wife. She said I'll show you where to go to get help. So here I thought we were going into the Consulate to get advice and when the Lady said and for 4000.00 I knew I was in the wrong place lol. I told her yes sure I'll think about it. So My wife is a sly one, she said lets go ask questions at another Cottage industry but when they ask for Money to Help, just say we'll think about again.. Wifes a Sharp One I'll tell you that..lol

On several trips to GZ, I have been able to check the paperwork of some of the folks on this site.

The paper work was filled in by the afore mentioned idiots, and included, amongst many other deficiencies, 3 different addresses for the US petitioner.

Had the lady turned in this paperwork, the following would have happened:

1. GZ Consulate has a good laugh, and junks it in their cartoon file.

2. They give out a pink, blue, yellow and maybe even a purple slip.

Seriously, the work I saw was beyond bad - it was ludicrous.