Family Composition & Medical Forms

These P4 forms are listed in the links & resources forum

Giv-24 - Family Composition sheet

DS-2053 - Medical Examination for immigrant

DS-3024 - Chest X-Ray

DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation

DS-3026 Medical History

They are written in Chinese & English on the same form. Should my fiancee fill out the section at the top in English, Chinese or both. Or should we make copies of the form and fill out one in English & one in Chinese?

What have others done who have been through the process already?

Not 100% sure john but i think the med forms get filled out by the hospital when she has her exam.

Yeah the medical forms just ask for a half dozen things like name, birth place, country of residence, U.S. Consul city and country. Maybe she should just leave those four forms blank and let the hospital tell her how to fill it out.

But what about the Family composition sheet? Chinese, English or both? I saw somewhere on an old post that she needs to put her address in Chinese characters. Is this accurate?

Also, can I just give them the city and state for my relatives addresses? Hell, I don't keep track of my 11 half brothers and sisters.

Along this line my fiancee and I are having an arguement about the other forms in P4. She says the DS-156, 156k, and 157 have been provided in both English and Chinese versions. She says she must fill out and return both the English and Chinese versions to the Consulate, the English version filled out in English....the Chinese version filled out in Chinese. I never heard this before. What the hell?

Along this line my fiancee and I are having an arguement about the other forms in P4.  She says the DS-156, 156k, and 157 have been provided in both English and Chinese versions.  She says she must fill out and return both the English and Chinese versions to the Consulate, the English version filled out in English....the Chinese version filled out in Chinese.  I never heard this before.  What the hell?

I think you will lose this arguement. If memory serves me she is correct. Forms are to be filled out in englsih and Chinese. Thats the way I did it anyway.

Along this line my fiancee and I are having an arguement about the other forms in P4.  She says the DS-156, 156k, and 157 have been provided in both English and Chinese versions.  She says she must fill out and return both the English and Chinese versions to the Consulate, the English version filled out in English....the Chinese version filled out in Chinese.  I never heard this before.  What the hell?

I think you will lose this arguement. If memory serves me she is correct. Forms are to be filled out in englsih and Chinese. Thats the way I did it anyway.

Did I read correctly that there must be two copies of each of these forms? (original & one copy)

Along this line my fiancee and I are having an arguement about the other forms in P4.  She says the DS-156, 156k, and 157 have been provided in both English and Chinese versions.  She says she must fill out and return both the English and Chinese versions to the Consulate, the English version filled out in English....the Chinese version filled out in Chinese.  I never heard this before.  What the hell?

Yes She is absolutely correct. Fill out both forms 2 english and 2 chinese for DS-156 and DS-157. Make at total of 8 forms.

I said "what the hell?" also and thought they gave me an extra copy when we got the P4.

The directions that came with the P4 checklist seemed confusing with the wording. It never stated anywhere a total of 8 forms to be submitted. I thought 1 copy of everything would be fine.

Then at 4:30 the day before the intervew we were a set of forms short. A tip by one of the nurses sent us in a mad rush to the bank where we paid the visa fee and (I am not sure why) had extra blank DS-156 and DS-157 forms on hand.

Furthermore we arrived back at the med center and filled out the extra forms until after 6:30 (The nurses were so nice to wait for us)

My advice

When you go have your med exam done. Go through the list they give you and make sure you have everything with the nurse looking over your shoulder before you come back to get your results on the med exam and all is stuffed in the brown envelope.

nothing really wrong in filling out in both english and chinese is there?

Of course, reading that sentence I just wrote, I dont think I can write english either.... hahahahha

:blink:

Believe me... after a few months of living with your SO.... You too will be speaking chinglish with the best of them! :rolleyes:

ok ok ok ok..bye bye.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth