My fiancee lives in Nanning. She just got it yesterday. It was mailed on January 25. But I'm not sure the date of mailing that DOS gives you is the exact date EMS picks it up from the Consulate. It might be the date the Consulate sticks it in an envelope and logs it into their computer. It might sit around on a Consulate desk for another 1 or 2 days before it actually goes to EMS. Be patient. The farther away from Guangzhou, the longer it will take. I would give it at least 7 or 8 days before I start to worry about it. The Post Office told my fiancee it can often take EMS 5 days to go from Guangzhou to Nanning...not a great distance.

My S.O. Lives in Harbin,, That's about 3 days by train from GZ.

Hers was mailed the 24th and she got it the 30th. I know when she returned the P-3, It took it 3 days to reach GZ, I thought that was really fast, She returned it the same day she got it, The 26th of Sept. and it was in the Computer the 30th of Sept. Now it took the p-4, 6 days to reach her.

I think the mail service has it's good days and bad days there. I don't know. I'm just happy she has the P-4 in her hands.

Rick :rolleyes:

Over the years, I've seen the mailing times question. I know of people being told their P-3/P-4 went out on x-day and was postmarked y-day. The x-day is when the visa processing staff sent it to the mailroom. It does not mean  that's the day it hit China post.

In my case DOS indicated the P4 was mailed on Jan 25. The GZ post mark was Jan 28 and the Chongqing post mark was Jan 30.

A full week has passed and my fiancee still has not received her P4 even though she lives in Zhanjiang which is in Guangdong province the same as Guangzhou. Yesterday, I sent an email and my fiancee sent an email to GZ to ask for an EMS tracking number or a new P4. Today I received their response which is listed below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Could you explain how you know the applicant's appointment was sent on

1/25/2005?

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Don't they know everyone calls up the DOS to get the dates? Then of course they did not respond to my initial requests. My fiancee is going to GZ on friday for the Chinese New Year and was hoping to get her medical exam at that time. Doesn't look good. She leaves in three days. :lol:

Hang in there John. It's hard to believe that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!! You should write back and tell them your crystal ball gave you the date and time!!!:unsure:

Is there someone at her place to sign for the P4? Maybe they have tried to deliver it when no one was home . . . . . It does need a signature!

On a brighter note, my Amy did get her P4 today after 4 days.

A full week has passed and my fiancee still has not received her P4 even though she lives in Zhanjiang which is in Guangdong province the same as Guangzhou. Yesterday, I sent an email and my fiancee sent an email to GZ to ask for an EMS tracking number or a new P4. Today I received their response which is listed below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Could you explain how you know the applicant's appointment was sent on

1/25/2005?

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Don't they know everyone calls up the DOS to get the dates? Then of course they did not respond to my initial requests. My fiancee is going to GZ on friday for the Chinese New Year and was hoping to get her medical exam at that time. Doesn't look good. She leaves in three days. :blink:

FYI

In response to the above email from GZ, I sent an email back to GZ telling them I got the appointment date from DOS. I told them DOS said the P4 was mailed from GZ on 1/25/2004. I again requested them to send an EMS tracking number or another P4.

They sent me another email saying that the P4 interview letter was sent out on Monday, January 31st, which was the same day I sent the email to GZ. They said they never sent a P4 on 1/25/2004. They also said they called my fiancee today (Wednesday 2/2/05) and informed her the the P4 was mailed two days ago.

I talked to my fiancee today, and she confirmed that GZ called her at home today to tell her the P4 was on the way. She also told me she received the P4 today. The P4 arrived via EMS 2 days after GZ mailed it.

My conclusions to all of this:

Everyone else who was told by DOS that the P4 was mailed on 1/25/2004 received the P4 from 2 to 4 days later. However, our interview date is still two months away (3/24/05), and maybe we were put at the bottom of the pile to be mailed. Since my fiance is going to GZ on friday for the Chinese New Year she wanted to get the medical exam when she is there. That is why I sent my original email to GZ.

And finally if you get a P4 mailing date from DOS, it doesn't mean that it will actually be mailed on that date. It depends on how busy they are at GZ. Unless you need to get the P4 right away like we wanted, I would suggest to be patient. We must always be "patient."

I talked to my fiancee today, and she confirmed that GZ called her at home today to tell her the P4 was on the way. She also told me she received the P4 today. The P4 arrived via EMS 2 days after GZ mailed it.

Good news John!

Can't get their stories straight, but they did get the P4 to her and even called!

Bottom line: All is well.

Now the long wait . . . . .