• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My mother in law will arrive in a few days to help with the baby for about a month.

She has mentioned she may be able to extend her stay .... esp if needed.

Is that something she would mention at the port of entry? Or, wait and try to apply to the NIS to "extend status"?

We wouldn't want an overstay and don't want to cause any trouble at the POE since she can't speak English.

Thanks!

My mother in law will arrive in a few days to help with the baby for about a month.

She has mentioned she may be able to extend her stay .... esp if needed.

Is that something she would mention at the port of entry? Or, wait and try to apply to the NIS to "extend status"?

We wouldn't want an overstay and don't want to cause any trouble at the POE since she can't speak English.

Thanks!

The POE in most cases rubber stamps the allowed stay to 6 months. If needing longer than that you can try filing an I-539 to extend stay, this can be done later and no need to indicate this at the POE.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-539

• 4 months later...

my MIL and BIL both tried to get a visiting visa they hired a lawyer but still got denied twice. my wife said i should call the consulate and complain she said the lawyer told her i am allowed up to 4 visitors visa request. but how can i complain?? it would be an international call. she also told me that my address came up not valid ( i lived here for 7 years). and i own this house. should they just try again since this year Chinese tourist has dropped to a new low in the US

If MIL happens to be widowed, it seems regardless of compelling evidence that a tourist visa is getting issued there last few months (overstay with intent, better life with her child). A married BIL with job and assets together with the compelling evidence for some reason seems to be easier to receive. We have first hand experience with both these last 9 months. MIL widowed denied twice, BIL and 20 something nephew each applying separate both got it.

If you are writing an invitation letter are you copying a picture of your drivers liscense on the face of the letter? That should prove your current address/residence.

Last suggestion is have them make a couple of small out of country tours with a group. Go to Japan or Thailand for a couple of weeks. Build up the passport showing travel and return. It helped us and certainly can't hurt. Just spread it out a bit and look natural.

We had siminar situation, my mum-in-law and Sister-in-law applied for visit visas and were denied, so 6 months later MIL alone applied and was granted.

Mum-in-law is a widow, but applying for the visa and sister-in-law remaining behind probably showed ties to the home country.

In both cases we provide an I-134 and a letter of invite indicating some of the things we planned on doing when she would be here.

Sometimes you need to simplify and apply for just the one visa, and try again a couple times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ;

I applied I-130 for my step son as US citizen minor child ( he's 13 yo) .

The application was received on Feb 27 . We still have not heard anything from USCIS -TSC since the first notice.

Now, he is on 2 month summer off school . Can I apply for his tourist visa to visit the US ? what's the chance of him getting one ? given the fact that I already filed for an immediate relative petition .

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello all!.

It's been awhile since i been here.

This thread seams to be a bit dead?

However, I do need some help.

My wife and I would like to try to have our Nephew come and visit us.

He is 25 years old. married and has a new child.

He also just bought a new House and has a great job.

I have been out of this visa loop for some time now and i forget where to start.

Any help would be great.

Hello all!.

It's been awhile since i been here.

This thread seams to be a bit dead?

However, I do need some help.

My wife and I would like to try to have our Nephew come and visit us.

He is 25 years old. married and has a new child.

He also just bought a new House and has a great job.

I have been out of this visa loop for some time now and i forget where to start.

Any help would be great.

Welcome back.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/8469-visitors-visa/?p=92107- This post is almost up to date. USTravelDocs is a good place to start his application.

• 3 months later...