Translating documents

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a hundred times and I can predict the answer (better safe than sorry) but I'm wondering if it's really necessary to translate documents from Chinese to English and vice versa for the interview (by faith we will get one :greenblob:). I.e. will our marriage certificates have to be translated (officially) again to English and his birth certif and police report and so on. It says on the instructions they only need to be in English OR the native language, but I don't rely on GZ to know or care what the instructions say...

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny-

We could get his official documents translated at the same government office we got them, Gong Jung Chu. It was about 1,000 RMB and also we got second copies for only 20 kuai extra.

As for other proof of evidence, we will go to a local translation company. I'd translate just to be safe....

a

I'm working with an attorney who requires all docs translated and certified. Yun went the other direction and questioned locally in NanNing and received the same answer with the same list. She has already accomplished this since it took two weeks to get them...."power out", "no one available"...etc.

I would say, "yes", one less thing to worry about.

Phil & Yun