expiration date on i-129 approval letter

Hi All

how are you all doing? i have a quick question about NOA2 expiration date on i-129. we got our first i-129 approval notice last nov, then we recevied another approval notice at end of last Dec. on both approval notice, the expiration date is march 20th. it's almost two month now since we first recievd our first approval notice, and my wife hasnot recevied any packets from GZ embassy. My question is that when would be a good time to contact NVC or GZ consulate to extend the expiration date? what if my wife receives the packet 3(as most of you mentioned) just a day before the expiration date, should we still have to extend the i129 expiration date?

i hope my quesiton hasnt confused anyone....

thanks

Feilix

Welcome to CFL. Here is the answer to your question found on the GZ web-site: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/kvfaq.html

What if my petition expires?

Consular officers have the authority to extend the validity of petitions that have expired. Because many petitions often expire before an applicant can be interviewed, officers at the Consulate routinely extend the validity of K-1 petitions.

You might want to contact NVC to find out what happened to your case and what the GUZ number is.

Best luck!

stan

Same thing happpend to me. It is not a problem. They often go beyond the date on the 129-f. GZ will automatically extend this whether you ask them to or not. Best way to cover your ass is to email GZ explaining. Then keep copy of the email.

like i said it really isn't a problem even if you do nothing.

Trigg