I-130 interview?

Kind of forgot about this after filing for AOS and EAD. I got a letter from Homeland Security in reference to our I-130 application. We go for our interview on February 28th. I am kind of thinking this might be the same as the AOS but am not exactly sure. They said for us to bring Birth Certificates, Marriage certificates, Divorce certificates, pictures of our family together, and single ADIT like pictures.

Any K3's have experience with this?

Patrick & Li :D

Kind of forgot about this after filing for AOS and EAD. I got a letter from Homeland Security in reference to our I-130 application. We go for our interview on February 28th. I am kind of thinking this might be the same as the AOS but am not exactly sure. They said for us to bring Birth Certificates, Marriage certificates, Divorce certificates, pictures of our family together, and single ADIT like pictures.

Any K3's have experience with this?

Patrick & Li  :P

After I got the I-130 aproval My wife arrived in the USA a few days later... I e-mailed them and told them I was going to apply for AOS in the USA. The e-mailed me back and said they would forward my records to someplace (I don't remember) awaiting my AOS application... So Im hoping my next letter from them will be for an interview for AOS..

I am here with k3 visa, arrived in USA before Christmas, then we applied the AOS before Christmas, all the docs were sent to Chicago, then we got the Notice of the Action, next week, we will get my fingerprint done on FBI office here in Mi, so I don't know how long my AOS will be processed, I live in Michigan, hope sooner the better, one more thing, is my 130 was approved, got the letter from NVC, ask us to fill the form DS- 3032 to send back to them, so we just need to send DS-3032 to them I am in USA now, so on DS-3032 form there are 4 box asked for choice, 1 is like appoint....... as my agent or attorney to receive mail about my application Mail from USA Department of State concerning my immigration visa application should sent to...... the 2nd box is I dont appoint an agent or an attorney to receive mail about my ........... the 3nd box is I have already legally immigtated to USA and do not need to apply for an immigration visa........ the 4th box is I no longer wish to apply for an immigrant visa, so now one question is I already did my AOS here in USA, when I fill this DS-3032 form I just click box 4 , right?? the Box 4 is I no longer wish to apply for an immigration Visa, I make the box 4, then shall I also tell them that my address changed from China to USA?? so shall I write my USA address???? thank you so much for all the help, have a great evening. :P

I am here with k3 visa, arrived in USA before Christmas, then we applied the AOS before Christmas, all the docs were sent to Chicago, then we got the Notice of the Action, next week, we will get my fingerprint done on FBI office here in Mi, so I don't know how long  my AOS will be processed, I live in Michigan, hope sooner the better, one more thing, is my 130 was approved, got the letter from NVC, ask us to fill the form  DS- 3032 to send back to them, so we just need to send DS-3032 to them I am in USA now, so on DS-3032 form there are 4 box asked for choice, 1 is like  appoint....... as my agent or attorney to receive mail about my application Mail from USA Department of State concerning my immigration visa application should sent to...... the 2nd box is I dont appoint an agent or an attorney to receive mail about my ........... the 3nd box is I have already legally immigtated to USA and do not need to apply for an immigration visa........ the 4th box is I no longer wish to apply for an immigrant visa,    so now one question is I already did my AOS here in USA, when I fill this DS-3032 form I just click box 4 , right?? the Box 4 is I no longer wish to apply for an immigration Visa, I make the box 4, then shall I also tell them that my address changed from China to USA?? so shall I write my USA address???? thank you so much for all the help, have a great evening. :P

hongRose

Since you filed AOS with USCIS, it is in Immigrations hands and out of the State Department hands. I would think it will be safe to mark #4-'I no longer wish to apply for an immigrant visa.' Send the DS-3032 back to NVC. Contact CIS at the toll-free number and inform them that you have filed AOS. CIS will need to get the approved I-130 back from NVC. Make sure they update your case info or at least acknowledge the AOS filing.

It sounds like CIS has accepted your alpplication for AOS. The local CIS office sent you a letter acknowledging such. Also included was a letter to set up a FD-258 fingerprinting appointment, correct?

A question: Did you send a copy of the NOA I-130 approval with the I-485?

I am wondering why you need finger prints again.. Was this not done in China before she left.... I thought this only had to be done once--since it is electronic...

My wife wasn't fingerprinted in China. Unless they have changed things, I don't think any applicant gets fingerprinted or only a few in certain situations do. The fingerprinting comes in on the AOS stage. Also, a fingerprint and photo are taken at the I-765 appointment.

AOS applicants will be scheduled to appear at a specific Application Support Center (ASC) or Designated Law Enforcement Agency (DLEA) for FD-258 fingerprinting.

Not all offices are digital. Some still use the ink pad.

well, yes, when I was submitted my AOS and I-765 Ead last month, I did send the copy of the approval Notice of 130 together with the forms and all the supportting Documents, 1 week later, I got the 1-797 C Notice of Action,which means received notice from Department of Homeland Security , then the following step is Biometrics for me, which is for the appointment for my fingerprint, I will be done on this Thursday morning here in FBI ofice, we made the appointment with them on phone early this month. so I would like to know after my fingerprint done, how long shall I wait to get my AOS approved??? does anyone have some experience here like me who live in Michigan with K3 visa?? because all the AOS applications since 1st of Dec2004 should handed to the Chicago office, now there is no website can check their processing schedule, I would like to know, in my case where shall I ask or check after my fingerprinted done??? Chicago office or the local INS, like here Detroit office.

thanks all for , have a great evening