Just saw this:

FBI Launches Manhunt Amid Boston Threat Report

3 minutes ago Top Stories - Reuters

By Daisuke Wakabayashi

BOSTON (Reuters) - The FBI (news - web sites) is seeking to question four Chinese nationals amid unconfirmed reports that they are headed to Boston as part of a possible "dirty bomb" plot, authorities said on Wednesday.

Reuters Photo

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and U.S. prosecutors in Boston released photographs of four Chinese nationals identified as Zengrong Lin, Wen Quin Zheng, Xiujin Chen and Guozhi Lin, and said the four individuals were being sought in connection with an unspecified, uncorroborated threat.

"Information was received by federal law enforcement in Boston today originating from an unknown and uncorroborated source regarding an unspecified potential threat," federal prosecutors and the FBI said in a joint statement.

"There is no further specific information regarding the City of Boston nor is there any degree of specificity on the type of potential threat," the statement said. "As is done whenever we receive this type of information, all appropriate investigative steps are taken."

None of the individuals' names had previously appeared on any kind of "watch list," the statement said.

Authorities first learned of the potential threat from an anonymous tip, Boston Mayor Tom Menino told reporters.

Although not confirmed, the information in the tip was serious enough to prompt Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to cut short his visit to Washington, where he had been due to attend President Bush (news - web sites)'s inauguration on Thursday.

Romney told reporters in Washington he had decided to return to reassure Massachusetts residents that it was safe to be at home. He said the four individuals being sought were not thought to be in Massachusetts but may be headed there.

"It (the threat) is specific in that it mentions a location where the individuals were dropped off. That location is New York. It identifies also a location where a threat might be directed and that location is Boston," Romney said.

The release of the photographs came after ABC News reported on Wednesday that teams equipped with radiological sensors were patrolling Boston amid a possible "dirty bomb" threat.

Boston FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz said she was not aware of such patrols, and that the information used in the report was not corroborated. She added that the FBI routinely receives such reports and investigates them.

Menino reiterated that there was no evidence of a "dirty bomb" plot in Boston.

Witnesses in downtown Boston reported few if any signs of heightened police presence on city streets, although one witness said a train conductor on the city's subway system urged commuters to be vigilant and report any suspicious packages.

(Additional reporting by Caroline Drees, Jim Vicini and Deborah Charles in Washington and Greg Frost in Boston)

here

For the first time I am actually glad that I still have to wait another month for our interview.  I invision Immigration Officers over reacting and denying entry to every Chinese citizen.  Here's hoping for the best all the way around on this one!

I wouldn't go quite THAT far :D

Oh, just what we need another terrorist threat but this time from asia, to make the process of getting visas harder than it is to get now. This is getting to be a pain in the rear end, next it be from Russia or central america or africa. Only make the lawmaker that against immigration to use as ammo to freeze all travel.

Sometimes they forget America was form on Immigration.

Beside I wish they call terrorist by what they are; mass murders and serial killers. ( don't get me on the subject of press and terrorist I could rant all night)

I invision Immigration Officers over reacting and denying entry to every Chinese citizen.

Now now, don't give up hope! Our president is working on his "come to America and do the same job as an American for half the pay" immigration plan! With all that cheap labor we could ummm I know! Build a huge wall between the US and Mexico!!! B)

B) :D :lol:

That is totally funny, what a joke...:lol:

Although not confirmed, the information in the tip was serious enough to prompt Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to cut short his visit to Washington, where he had been due to attend President Bush (news - web sites)'s inauguration on Thursday.

Romney told reporters in Washington he had decided to return to reassure Massachusetts residents that it was safe to be at home. He said the four individuals being sought were not thought to be in Massachusetts but may be headed there.

Mitt Romney calls his buddy's Barney Fife and Rosco P Coaltrain and says "I don't want to go to that stupid meeting." "Call in a bomb plot for me, tell them it's a dirty bomb plot. Tell them it's from Mr. Chau, yea that's it, that's the ticket. I'll get em' back for that crappy fast food last night." (He's a democrat and hates Bush a,nyway, but I'm sure missing the innaguration must be devistating for him in light of such a tragic event.)

Can't wait till the public finds out the bomb was dirty, right out of his butt from the Chinese fast food he ate the day before. They are looking for the Fuki-u and Fuki-me twins from that austin powers movie. Shame he had to slander Chinese to get out of going to the presidents innaugaration. He's a Racist!!!

Ah!!! I see the inaugural balls are already starting to swing.

Especally presidential inaugural balls. At least it's still winter time right? :blink: :blink:

And Trigg don't get all fancy with the spell checker now. I know you used it on the word inogeral. :P

Any semblance to reality that the spelling of inaugural may or may not have been is purely coincidental and in no way reflects the spelling ability of this author.

Especally presidential inaugural balls. At least it's still winter time right? :D :blink:

And Trigg don't get all fancy with the spell checker now. I know you used it on the word inogeral. :P

Any semblance to reality that the spelling of inaugural may or may not have been is purely coincidental and in no way reflects the spelling ability of this author.

OR--even blind hog can find an acorn every oncee in a while :blink:

Especally presidential inaugural balls. At least it's still winter time right? :P :P

OR--even blind hog can find an acorn every oncee in a while :D

Now yer talkn like a one legged man in a butt kickn' contest. Shoot Earl...