Timeline calculations

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site. It has alot of great information. I have noticed that several members have very detailed timelines about what is happening with their applications. I was wondering if anyone could explain any steps I could use to obtain information about my application.

Brief history: Met on AFF in 2003.

Married Susan in Beijing in June of 2004.

Dec applied I-130 to Vermont Service Center

NOA1 - Dec 14

NOA2 - Jan 9th

thanks for any info :)

http://k1k3.com is a good site for tracking timelines and comparing others similar to your own. I found it to be quite helpful when we were in the process. It has very nice filtering and sorting features. I spent the summer looking at GZ K1s sorted by P3 return date. At least I could see who was getting interviews, and how much earlier their P3 was from ours. It won't speed things up, but it will let you know that you are waiting with the crowd or falling behind where you should be.

Welcome to CFL. I noticed that you're not showing anything for a K-3. Do you plan on just doing the CR-1?

If you do a search, you can find a lot of threads that deal with how to contact the various agencies during the process. Sounds like you may be at NVC. There's a number out there that you can call and get a status update.

Thanks for the information. I was just trying to track the application through the NVC and on to GZ. We are going through the CR1 application process. The NOA2 had a statement that said wait at least 90 days before contacting them if you had not heard anything. I guess it won't hurt to call them and ask if the have the application. :D thanks Jay

[quote name='--Jay' date='Jan 19 2005, 09:15 PM']Thanks for the information. I was just trying to track the application through the NVC and on to GZ. We are going through the CR1 application process. The NOA2 had a statement that said wait at least 90 days before contacting them if you had not heard anything. I guess it won't hurt to call them and ask if the have the application.  :D      thanks   Jay[/quote]
You show a CIS approval date (noa2) of jan. 9. Your I-130 should be at the NVC by now.
Call NVC and inquire. Call about once a week until the rep tells you that it has been sent to GZ at which time you can ask the rep for the GUZ number and the date it was mailed. With the date, you can track it thru DHL. Call DHL and get a waybill number for packages mailed on your date. Look thru CFL to get more detailed info on DHL and waybill numbers.
By this way, you can pretty much stay on top of things.

-good luck