Squeaky's wife Ling

Candle Members,

I have been on the phone this morning with Squeaky who is currently flogging his truck through Indianapolis on his way home.

Lings father, who has not been all that well, has taken a turn for the worse, and she is trying to get home as soon as possible.

Mark has been able to find a ticket for her from Columbus to GZ for just over $1000. Not to bad.

Mark will be home soon, and on Candle later tonight.

Ling, travel well, and I wish you the best, and greet your father and family for me.

Dean

I hope everything is well. I am in the same boat. Today my wife left for Guizhou. Her father is seriously ill with liver cancer. His situation is very grave

The nail biter is we had our AOS interview scheduled for 2/15/05.

I've sent a letter requesting a re-schedule, however I have not received an answer yet.

Some might disagree, but I thought it was more important for her to get to her father as quickly as possible rather than wait for the interview.

Her father needs her now and her family needs her now. I hope to God that CIS is going to understand.

Interesting thing is that the NOA for the interview says to call the 800# if an emergency comes up. Then all they do is tell you to write a letter to your local office. Very helpful.

What if I can’t go to my scheduled interview?

If you cannot make it to your scheduled interview, it is very important that you contact the USCIS before your scheduled interview date.

You can do so by noting the reason on your interview notice, signing the notice, and mailing the notice to the asylum office where your interview is scheduled, or you may send a written request to reschedule. Rescheduling is permitted only once without a reasonable excuse for rescheduling if the request to reschedule is received at least 2 days before the scheduled interview date. Other requests to reschedule an interview, including those submitted after the interview date, may be granted if you provide a reasonable excuse for not appearing.

If you fail to go to your interview, without notifying the USCIS, you must provide a reasonable excuse as soon as possible following the scheduled interview date. If you do not do so, your NACARA application may be dismissed or referred to an immigration judge, and any asylum request you have pending with the USCIS may be denied or closed, unless you show compelling circumstances for the delay in providing a reasonable excuse.

It is not possible to reschedule by phone. All rescheduling requests must be made in writing to the USCIS asylum office that scheduled your interview.

===================

I found this under the NACARA 203 on the USCIS web.

There's no reason that these instruction can't apply to all.

Sorry to hear the sad news, Stats. You to, Mark.

God Bless

Guest blsqueaky

Dean, first, thanks so much for starting this post. Well here is what I have found out from the brother. The doctors say that there is no more that they can do for Lings father, just wait. There is no more medicines that they can give him, just try and make him comfortable He is trying to hang on till his oldest daughter returns, then I feel that he will leave us once she is home with him.

With all that is going on right now, I am going to hold up on any further paperwork regarding my CR-1. My luck, I would complete, Ling will be back home, and I get notice interview April. That is not in the finances right now. If I understand right from NVC, I have 1 year from when they 1st send me the papers, so I will just hold up on sneding the I-864 back.

Stats, I can just imagine what you are going through. For me, her being with her father right now is more important.

Don, last I heard he was also on the mend. I talked to him this weekend, and he was in good spirits. Do not really know what happened.

Again, thanks for the concern.

Oh Stats, sorry to hear about your father in law, too. Hope things can turn as best they can.

I do want to warn you about the AOS interview - it is extremely important. Do whatever you can to make sure the office where your interview was scheduled acknowledges your request to reschedule. I've seen a couple of cases lately where the request didn't connect with the proper people and created quite a bit of trouble. Don't mean to add to your worries, but this is very important to you.

Thanks Don. I plan on doing exactly what you advise. The letter was sent 5 weeks before the date. I am going to do everything I can to make sure I have official acknowledgment prior to the scheduled date.

Guest blsqueaky
I was able to be with my father on the last day of his life. Seems long ago, but I can understand totally with your situations. I hope the wives get home in time to be with thier families, and my thoughts and prayers will be with them both.

:o

Thanks Bahan,

Was able to talk to the family last night, and from what I gather, he is just aiting till his oldest daughter comes home. Last night they told him, and he smiled.

Well right now she is backing, and telling me that she will be home within the month. She is probably right.