Guangzhou Hotels web site

elcajongr

Great, thanks for the info.

Based on current time lines we could expect our interview date exactly when the hotel prices are tripled. I would not of thought that I would say I hope it takes longer to get the interview? (Knowing that to expect it earlier, would be silly).

My question is, has anyone used these agents? Some reviews, good and/or bad would be good to know.

Guest blsqueaky
Great, thanks for the info.

Based on current time lines we could expect our interview date exactly when the hotel prices are tripled. I would not of thought that I would say I hope it takes longer to get the interview? (Knowing that to expect it earlier, would be silly).

My question is, has anyone used these agents? Some reviews, good and/or bad would be good to know.

Personnaly, I prefer to deal directly with the hotel, especially the Victory hotel, become a member and receive gret discounts, and it is free to become a member, just go on their website, become a member.

blsqueaky wrote:

Personnaly, I prefer to deal directly with the hotel, especially the Victory hotel, become a member and receive gret discounts, and it is free to become a member, just go on their website, become a member.

What is the Victory Hotel Website?

When I search Google for "Victory Hotel Guangzhou" all of the links are through some sort of travel or hotel service.

?????????? :D

PapaBear

Having troubles editing.....sorry....just a newbie here!

Guest blsqueaky
blsqueaky wrote:

What is the Victory Hotel Website?

When I search Google for "Victory Hotel Guangzhou" all of the links are through some sort of travel or hotel service.

?????????? :D

PapaBear

Having troubles editing.....sorry....just a newbie here!

Papa Bear, is www.vhotel.com. If that does not work, email me and I will send you the link

Guest blsqueaky
Which of these hotels besides the White Swan and Victory is close to the consulate?

MRMC, the Aigun hotel is about a 15 minute walk down the river. Not a bad place. I have stayed there a few times

Here is a link to many hotels in GZ with a nice map of the city.

http://www.86hotels.com/guangzhou_hotel/gu...angzhou_map.htm

The Metro runs very close to the consulate, so any of the hotels close to the Metro will get you to the consulate quickly.

My lao po picked a hotel that's not even listed. She insists that it's a good one and that we stay there. It's only a 10 minute walk to the consulate.

I'll let everyone know what it's like after we check in! B)

Hey There blsqueaky;

Thanks for the tip and web address for the Victory Hotel. It took a little time but I was able to connect and sign-up for member status. Then I made our reservations. We'll be there on Valentine's Day....so naturally we're requesting a nice room with a view. Hope we get one!

Thanks again for the information. Sorry I didn't dig deep enough to notice the other thread ty talked about.

Still hoping more February interviews are given.....time is getting short for filling the rest of the month!

PapaBear :rolleyes:

blsqueaky Posted on Jan 19 2005, 09:06 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PapaBear Posted on Jan 20 2005, 01:13 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey There blsqueaky;

Thanks for the tip and web address for the Victory Hotel. It took a little time but I was able to connect and sign-up for member status. Then I made our reservations. We'll be there on Valentine's Day....so naturally we're requesting a nice room with a view. Hope we get one!  

Blsqueaky and Papabear,

My fiancee spoke directly to Victory Hotel and let them know we were going to be there for an extended period of time. She asked them for a discounted rate. They told her they'd give us 342rmb per night. The rack rate is 380rmb. Is 342rmb comparable to the discounts you two get for being members?

We might be staying there for two weeks, because of the new year's airline traffic. We can't make it back to her hometown, too far and it's snowing right now so no traffic going that way. We are planning to go to Shenzhen after she gets her visa to celebrate with her friends there, but we are going to leave all our bags at the Victory. Too many big bags to travel to Shenzhen and back with.

I pm'ed you both to get the website.

Mahalo

blsqueaky Posted on Jan 19 2005, 09:39 PM

www.vhotel.com

I was double checking the thread and I saw the website posted. It's taking a little while for my membership to be processed. Once the membership is up, I'll check the rates.

Thanks

Guest blsqueaky

Was just lookiing at the web site, and here is what I found. I did not put dates in, so it can be different, in the annex bldg, standard b twin, rack 420RMB, member 280RMB, the standard A, rack 510RMB, member 360RMB. Hope that this helps