Well, I finally got the 129F finished and in the mail today. Quite the nerve-wracking process. I thought I had checked everything several times, then when I did a final check just before going to the Post Office, I found I had left off the address where Jenny will live in the US. I hope I did not screw anything else up. :( Doing part of this in China and part here led to confusion as to what was filled out and what not.

In addition, Jenny had a last minute panic attack Sunday. I think the reality of what she was about to do hit home and she was yelling at me not to send the pettition in. Fortunately, after sleeping on it she wanted to go ahead. I'm sure that there is a lot of stress to leave your home with your child for an uncertain future.

Hoping the VSC pull us through quickly. :D

I got my NOA1 from VSC in 3 days, back in April '04. It may take a little longer now that a lot more people are applying in different service centers, but like tywy said, no more than 7-10 days. Good luck with the visa process, and if you're lucky, your sweetie will get her K-1 visa in 9 months or less, just like mine did :(

Paul: Shortly after filling in all the papers and sending in my petition, I found the section on the USCIS website: "general rules for sending petitions to the USCIS".

It said to:

1. Write "Original Application" on the outside of the envelope

2. Use a 2 hole punch and punch holes in the top of the pages.

3. Use an ARCO fastener to hold the pages together.

4. Put tabs on the sides of the pages to identify the different sections.

5,6,7,8,9 Ect

I hope you read that section!! :lol:

But just in case you didn't, DON'T WORRY. I didn't do any of those things either and my P2 came right on schedule. :lol:

GOOD LUCK with the rest of the process!!

Paul: Shortly after filling in all the papers and sending in my petition, I found the section on the USCIS website: "general rules for sending petitions to the USCIS".

It said to:

5,6,7,8,9 Ect

I hope you read that section!! :D

But just in case you didn't, DON'T WORRY. I didn't do any of those things either and my P2 came right on schedule.  :D

Yep, did all of those :D

It said to:

5,6,7,8,9 Ect

I hope you read that section!! :D

But just in case you didn't, DON'T WORRY. I didn't do any of those things either and my P2 came right on schedule.  :D

Yep, did all of those :D

Me too :D In fact ... CORRECTION! The instructions say to put the tabs on the bottoms of the pages, not the sides.

:D Ick, I can still remember those friggin' instructions, somebody please help me to get them outside of my head!

Well, I finally got the 129F finished and in the mail today. Quite the nerve-wracking process. I thought I had checked everything several times, then when I did a final check just before going to the Post Office, I found I had left off the address where Jenny will live in the US. I hope I did not screw anything else up.  :P Doing part of this in China and part here led to confusion as to what was filled out and what not.

In addition, Jenny had a last minute panic attack Sunday. I think the reality of what she was about to do hit home and she was yelling at me not to send the pettition in. Fortunately, after sleeping on it she wanted to go ahead. I'm sure that there is a lot of stress to leave your home with your child for an uncertain future.

Hoping the VSC pull us through quickly. :blink:

I roger every word. Don't screw up....It made me not want to send the 864. read it over and over. See conflicting problems or how the words could be interpeted differently? (And you speak pretty good english too.)

At least you did it yourself. I had to hire someone to screw it up and hold on to it for me. Grass is still greener on your side as far as getting off on the right foot.

As far as your fiancee being short tempered, there is a lot going on right now. Most of all, she's probably missing you. There is many differences in the cultures and the way we do things. As time goes on and you get to feel each other out some more it will get better. Been there, done that.

When things get tough man, just think of Frank Riech and the Oilers wildcard game. In the words of the great Chris Berman..."and on this day, it was a reminder, that in orchard park new york, nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills."

Good Luck-It's like jumping off a diving board = NO WADING

Don't worry; I tried to start the process while I was with Yun in NanNing.

I am admiring a family picture of when she was a child. The day that I am returning with all the info filled out and signed; she drops the bomb that the man in the picture is her father....who died 10 years ago! Her stepfather is a nice guy; but his name will not satisfy the Bio - list the natural father as deceased. More copies...more signatures.

I think I have enough copies with original signatures for two applications!

Damn the Torpedoes!!!!

Phil & Yun