Spent Morning Ohio DMV

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Today I spent most of the morning at one of the Ohio DMV's, just trying to get plates, and while there, I was asking this very nice lady about getting Lings Ohio State ID card. If some of you remember, awhile back I was having a problem with this, need this, need that, then need this.

Today I was told that now all that she will need is her passport, the I-94, our marriage certificate, and get this, on their paper, her I 797. I did not even think that they knew about this.

Ohhh, they also said for some more documention if I want to bring it, since I saw on the list, hospital bills, so I will bring this also. It does show.

Whatever they want to please them, up to a point, I will get.

Squeaky - That was the same routine I went through here in VA.

The tough one was the proof of residence. A letter addressed to her at out address was not good enough. Then I remembered I had her name added to the lease, the water bill and the electric bill. I had done that way back when in case GZ wanted any more evidence of a valid relationship. I took that to DMV and every one was happy.

Today I spent most of the morning at one of the Ohio DMV's, just trying to get plates, and while there, I was asking this very nice lady about getting Lings Ohio State ID card. If some of you remember, awhile back I was having a problem with this, need this, need that, then need this. 

Today I was told that now all that she will need is her passport, the I-94, our marriage certificate, and get this, on their paper, her I 797. I did not even think that they knew about this.

Ohhh, they also said for some more documention if I want to bring it, since I saw on the list, hospital bills, so I will bring this also. It does show.

Whatever they want to please them, up to a point, I will get.

In Oregon they only needed her passport/visa. They didn't even care how she signed her name--last name first--first name last etc...They just said sign it how you sign it... Which is differant than what we do here..

Whole process only took 30 minutes and I walked away thinking of how easy it is to get ID...and that it's not worth much..

George