Sending mail to China

I'm not sure on china, my woman in veit nam ( yes I know this is a china forum) the letter got to hanoi in 5 days by us postal from Missouri usa. but it got open and read several time before arriving at her place 70 km way took 2 more weeks. do not know what the procedures are in china but US postal was 5 to 7 days

Robert

I mailed some Tax Returns for my wife to sign. They left Trenton, NJ in the afternoon of the 5th left for China from Newark NJ @11:50pm same day. Arrived in China the 8th and she said she got them yesterday the 9th. USPS Priority mail$19.00. I hand wrote her address on the Mailing form.

I think its a crap shoot on how fast they get them once they hit the main land. USPS only guarantees delivery to China.

Ya, I was surprised FedEx was $20 more and the could not guarantee delivery and their time frame was the same as usps. I sent the 'select a rep' form to my wife, I hope she gets it this week. I leave for China 2/1 and we are hoping to get the 2nd fee paid before I leave.

Ya, I was surprised FedEx was $20 more and the could not guarantee delivery and their time frame was the same as usps. I sent the 'select a rep' form to my wife, I hope she gets it this week. I leave for China 2/1 and we are hoping to get the 2nd fee paid before I leave.

So don't I too Thomas :wacko:

Going back to US on 1-28 to hopefully intercept my tax statements, get taxes done, receive DS230 fee, get the I864 and DS230 from NVC and return them. That's a mouthful.

(Son used Fedex on our I-864 fee and we had it in 2-1/2 days).

So don't I too Thomas :unsure:

Going back to US on 1-28 to hopefully intercept my tax statements, get taxes done, receive DS230 fee, get the I864 and DS230 from NVC and return them. That's a mouthful.

(Son used Fedex on our I-864 fee and we had it in 2-1/2 days).

I don't think I will get that 2nd fee before I leave, we are hoping to though.

Enjoy the rest of your time in the 'Paris of the east'

I tried once to send thru Fed X and they said they don't have a Nanning Branch. I used UPS Brown $60.00 to send a 2 lb envelope. They said 2 days, it took 4. I sent a card to my wife almost two weeks ago as an experiment. I hand wrote her Address on the Envelope. It hasnt gotten there yet. I sent one with a Printer generated label in english and Chinese and she got it in 6 days. When she sends things back EMS mail from China it takes about 10 days.

eeyore,

As a former Postal supervisor, I can sadly advise you that mail from USPS is a total crapshoot and service quality has dropped . I tried USPS Priority express twice, and I know that once a package of any type and size reaches the west coast, all bets are off as to delivery date. This is especially true with holiday mail shipments. I should also advise that when I had an express letter "tracked," once it leaves the west coast it is primarily untrackable for all intents and purposes, since it is now in a foreign mail system.

There are trade-offfs to be considered. USPS, registered, global express "Next Day" is chaeper alternative, but delivery cannot be insured on a timely and consistent basis. Several letters (First Class) that I have sent to Alice never reached their destination. Despite me printing in , BOLD LETTERS: People's Republic of China in Bold letters on the front. I suppose there could be another PRC someplace.

Alice and I have sent documents several times with FEDEX. However, their cost is extremely high, for both poundage, and stated delivery times. However, they are consistent about being able to track, and more or less accurate delivery. If I have extremely important papers I send, I will pay the cost, and be calm in reliability of delivery.

DHL, I don't know much about. However, in Chengdu, I saw several DHL trucks and FEDEX trucks.

In regard to Nanning, this should be a large enough city, for a FEDEX office. Most of them are centered near airports, (aka "airheads") I would suggest calling a FEDEX agent and check again. If they actuallly don't have one, have the agent check for the nearest large airport near Nanning. This will be the airhead and delivery office.

I should also give you another fact of consider. Since the advent of the last postal increase, and FEDEX's already established air routes, a little known fact is that USPS Priority mail flies on the exact same airplane as FEDEX. The PO is hesistant about explaining this to the public........Guess why?

I sent a package 2 weeks ago that is still not there.  I sent it USPS regular mail because priority mail does not list nanning as a city.  I think I will try fed ex next time

I always sent everything to Nanning US mail. Never any problems. Usually took a week to 10 days to get there.