DOS name check question

The name has been submitted prior to the interview before, but basically, that system broke down under all the changes that took place during the last six months.

Under the new system, I am not sure, but I think they are aiming to get it back to where the name will have normally cleared the name check before the interview. There will always be exceptions. For instance if there is a "hit" on a name. The hits are more common in places like China where a lot of people have the same names. But as a rule, the new system should help to restore things back to normal.

I would say that you are safe in assuming that your case is being processed along with all the others right now. If you don't have an EMS pick-up letter by the 24th, I would advise that you check with GZ for the status of your case. If they still don't have a record of sending a letter out, then I would say call DOS. Until then, I don't think it will help anymore to call and check. The way that some cases were handled may cause them to not show up in the computer even though they are being handled.