OT-Travel to China, Family member Ill

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Right now I am so perplexed. I know how our lovely ladies are when it comes to the family. Tonight I was told that my father in law is not doing that great, in the hospital. I want to send Ling home just in case. Her family says no, save the money, if something happens, then come home. I am so not so sure about this. I feel more comfortable about her being home, but I feel that I am going to lose this argument.

The family did say that instead of spending the money on the plane ticket, then just send a little extra every month. If I do that, then when the extra money is needed for the plane ticket, well guess what, yes, you guessed right. I know that this may sound crass, but right now I feel that I am put between a rock and a hard place. I know that they are also thinking that if she comes over now, then he gets well, then we spend the money again for the interview. But then you have to look at it another way, Lings travels over, we have interview, he gets well, then a turn for the worse. Either way, 2 trips for her no matter how I look at it. Again, the rock and the hard place.

They also say that we will be home soon enough for the interview, but who knows when that will be. I am thinking of just buying a ticket, R/T, and can always change the date.

I would just love to hear your input on this, and open to all suggestions.

Don, please feel free to move this where it should be. Right now, just not sure.

Thanks everyone

Well I would leave it up to Ling and how she feels. If she does not go and something was to happen, then she will have a lot of regret to deal with.

I would think if he was very ill, maybe it would be nice for her to see him to help with any grieving.

This is worse case scenario but regret and guilt dont really make a good combo.

I would try to stay out of any decisions and just help support Ling and her decision just so you are not implicated.

Guest blsqueaky

Thanks for the reply. Turns out a complete little misundertanding, and just now booked the tickets for her to fly back home in February, once her brother, her and I talked, and understood. It was somthing so stupid. I can explain better in conversation then I can typing.

Again, thanks