P3 was lost, from july

Guest Robert Fei

Guest Robert Fei

We have been waiting for P4 since July 23rd when Fei sent back her P3, only to find they either lost or didn't get the P3. And in the petition we also included Fei's daughter, but she will stay in China with her father. They say Fei has to send in a DS230 & 169 for her daughter anyway. Does anyone know if this will cause more problems? Do I have to request that her daughter is taken of the petition? Just want to know if anyone has some info. Thanks

There are at least two things you should consider here.

1. How old is the daughter.?If she is 14 years old or more, there could be a name clearance check on her. Depending on other circumstances of your case, it could cause some delay in the prossessing.

2. It is probably not worth arguing about (those forms are easy to prepare), except with regard to the clearance check for the child, if over 13.

I suggest you make the record clear, in writing, the situation about the daughter. I suggest you just tell CIS that the daughter will stay in China for the time being. I mention this as something could change and you might want to bring the girl to the US later and you might be able to use the existing petition to do it and not have to file a new petition.