Ok I messed up on the forms

Well I have sent the first set of forms but i messed up when i sent the I-130. I didn't fill out the DS-156k properly. Resent them to CSC in November. I guess it is now the long wait as CSC is still processing Sept 4 applications. Also my wife has no birth record cos of the cultural revolution. Any help on what we should do? We went to the middle school and got a paper from them but is that enough? Thanks

Mark (California) and Dannie (Shangrao JiangXi, PRC)

2-29-04 Met on the Net

5-12-04 First trip to meet my Dannie

8-10-04 Second trip

8-23-04 Married in Nanchang, JiangXi

10-18-04 Sent I-130

11-01-04 First NOA

11-23-04 Mailed I-129

11-30-04 NOA for I-129

12-09-04 Third trip to be with my SO

Now waiting

What does the DS-156K have to do with the I-130 or CSC?

They are two different forms from two different agencies. The DS-156K is a suppliment to the DS-156 and is a nonimmigrant Fiancee visa application. You are married. You have filed the I-130 and the I-129F. You have done all you can do right now. The visa apps don't come into play until the consulate request them and that will be some time from now.

Why would you send a DOS form to CSC? Am I missing something here?

Does your wife have a passport?

I think some secondary documents of evidence can suffice for proof of birth. I'm not too sure on what all that would be. Maybe that letter from school. Affidavits from parents would be good.

What evidence did she use to obtain the marriage book?

And do you mean the I-129F? because the I-129 is an employment petition and when I see "I-129", I think employment, not marriage.

Sorry i meant the G-325a, background info, i looked at the wrong copy and yes the form is the I-129F. She has her household register and a passport but the instructions had some info on what to have if a birth record is not available. Sorry i am just getting used to all of this and the confusing gov forms.

Sorry i meant the G-325a, background info, i looked at the wrong copy and yes the form is the I-129F.  She has her household register and a passport but the instructions had some info on what to have if a birth record is not available.  Sorry i am just getting used to all of this and the confusing gov forms.

No problem, Mark, and welcome to CFL.

Here you will find alot of good info and alot of good help from alot of good people.

Sorry for being so brash!............... :P