I-134/medical exam arguement

Boy is this little argument between my friend and his fiancee from China is getting out of hand. My friend's fiancee in Shenzhen got her P4 last week for a February 28 interview date. My fiancee from Nanning is waiting for hers. My friend's fiancee is telling him over and over again for the past two days that the instructions she was sent by the Consulate is telling her the doctor in China, who does the physical exam, must have and see her fiancee's I-134. Of course he is very upset and keeps telling her she does not understand the instructions. Now someway me and my fiancee have been dragged into this arguement. I keep telling everyone of course the doctor in China DOES NOT need to see his I-134 while the girls keep telling both of us they do. I?m right aren't I ? I keep asking them "Why would a doctor in China need to know the American's personal financial information???..........of course they do not!!!!!"

Maybe she has to call the Consulate of Guangzhou to ask and make her believe or call the hospical that she's going to have the exam, what she needs are photos, cash and the notice of exam, that's all I had 2 years ago, I don't think they change it.

Maybe the doctor wants to know if her fiancee could afford her exam or not...LOL just kidding :P :lol:

It doesn't sound right but to justify that situation, it could be that the examining physician wants to include the I-134 in the sealed envelope along with the medical report to be taken to the interview. It has been known that the clinics have included the 830 RMB application receipt in the sealed envelopes before.

But this is the first time I've heard of including the I-134.

Guest Long_strider

You can send the notarized I-134 and supporting documents in a sealed envelope directly the VO at the consulate.

There is no requirement to provide private financial information to a medical person at a private clinic.

See .....http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

Long_strider

The GZ hospital doesn't know much about the paperwork required and they are the ones to put it all in order in the sealed envelope for the interview. ???

My wife had called the hospital because she thought she needed a family composition sheet, the hospital said yes she did. I've had a hard time convincing her that the hospital is wrong, that the consulate website for the K-3 P3 packet does not list this form.

Once somebody in China tells them something they get it in their head and it is difficult (if not impossible) to convince them otherwise. My wife has the family composition sheet ready to go. Better to give them what they want and avoid a disagreement over nothing.

The GZ hospital doesn't know much about the paperwork required and they are the ones to put it all in order in the sealed envelope for the interview. ???

My wife had called the hospital because she thought she needed a family composition sheet, the hospital said yes she did. I've had a hard time convincing her that the hospital is wrong, that the consulate website for the K-3 P3 packet does not list this form.

Once somebody in China tells them something they get it in their head and it is difficult (if not impossible) to convince them otherwise. My wife has the family composition sheet ready to go. Better to give them what they want and avoid a disagreement over nothing.

I'll go along with that. My wife asked me if I left my Tax Returns with her because someone said she would need them. I did leave her copies of everything when I was there Last Month. But I told her that Guangzhou already has them as we did the P3 in the NVC and we did the I-864 and they were part of it.

Okay, here is what I did and we had NO problems. My fiancee got her medical exam in Beijing. They took all the forms she had prepared from the P4 packet and sealed them in an envelope along with the medical exam results(except the x-rays). They did not include the actual visa fee receipt in the package, but they did make a copy of it and her passport and put in the sealed package. I had not yet sent her my I-134 info, but brought it to China with me to be used by her at the interview. It doesn't make sense that the the I-134 should be sealed by the medical office when the VO may ask the SO for the financial information and look at it during the interview. My fiancee carried the fiancial documents to the interview along with all the other information we thought they might want to look at (phone bills, photos,etc.). The VO asked for it specifically. The visa fee receipt had to be shown when my fiancee first arrived inside and was given a number to wait. Think about the process and it will be obvious that the I-134 should be carried separately. :D

This issue came up about 5 months ago.... I also had heard that the I-134 was supposed to be included in the sealed envelope at the time of the medical exam.... And several members here on the Candle confirmed that this was done in their case.....

But it is done either by tradition or as a convience ------ it is not a requirement.....

I hand carried the I-134 from America and gave it to Fei the night before the interview --- and told her not to produce it unless asked (along with my passport) ---- sure enough, both were requested during the interview... But no problem...

Copies my friend. It's a good idea to have duplicates of everything anyway. It definitely isn't worth an argurement with the loved one. Why not supply her with copies she can give to the medical staff to put in the sealed envelope and take the original herself to the interview? They only want to organize the paperwork for the consulate. The medical staff at the examination center has no other interest in your paperwork.