Does a fiancee have to purchase a roundtrip?

My fiancee just told me that the people are China Southern Airlines are not letting her buy a one way ticket. They seem to think once she gets to POE she will be denied entry if she doesn't have a roundtrip ticket. She spoke to a department head and let him know she was getting a fiancee visa. He told her to ask the Customs office. When she called a Customs Official they told her it was up to the airlines. I've already bought my ticket, and China Southern Airlines is the Airlines I'm flying to and from.

lol, I don't know why I wrote this. I'll just get the roundtrip ticket it's only a few hundred rmb more. Problem solved.

Guest Long_strider

I used FlyChina.com to purchase a one way ticket for my fiance and had no problems. I did hand deliver it to her :lol: . She had no problems flying into the US on China Southern into the LAX POE.

I wanted to fly direct both ways, so that limited our options. The one way from CAN to LAX, if purchased in GuZ is much cheaper than the one way if purchased here. The roundtrip purchased in GuZ is similar to the price of a one way purchased here.

Travelling so close to New Year really limited our dates of travel. Plus I want to sit together. lol, lady at CSA told her there will be lots of seats the day we return to US.

I'm taking six weeks off from work for this.

I'm not complaining. It's all good come next month. :lol:

I wanted to fly direct both ways, so that limited our options. The one way from CAN to LAX, if purchased in GuZ is much cheaper than the one way if purchased here. The roundtrip purchased in GuZ is similar to the price of a one way purchased here.

Travelling so close to New Year really limited our dates of travel. Plus I want to sit together. lol, lady at CSA told her there will be lots of seats the day we return to US.

I'm taking six weeks off from work for this.

I'm not complaining. It's all good come next month.  :lol:

There are plenty of seats on direct flights from HK or SH to LAX. And the prices are cheaper from both (since there are more airlines which service both). How long is the train trip to HK?

I have not had the best of experiences with China Southern in my two trips to China.

One time they cancelled the return flight to LAX. I had to beg for a few hours to be rerouted so I could return only one day late instead of two.

The other time I called to confirm my return flight. They said, I did not call soon enough so they sold my seat. They said I could always return two days later. If I wanted to return same day I could upgrade my ticket. So they don't have any seats but they can find one if I pay them more money?????

Both times their so called customer service reps talked like this was no big deal. I just get back later no problem. Hello, do you understand I must get back for work. They still did not seem to care so needless to say, China Southern will not get my business again. A customer service rep from Cathay Pacific in Hong Kong (when I got rerouted) told me they do this all the time!!

Northwest is a better option for me now anyway with a flight right from Portland - Tokyo one switch and onto Guangzhou. No more domestic flights in China. I can find alternate transportation. Any thing to stay away from China Southern. They cancel flights or change times to much to be able to rely on them. Did I mention the ridiculous ten hour layover in Guangzhou due to them changing flight schedule while I was in China! Was to be two hours before their stupid change.

Just my 2 cents,

A very unhappy CS customer,

Michael

I returned from China about 4 days ago now, and I wanted to chime in on Korea Airlines. They were late leaving for China by 1 hour -- not that big of a deal, I made it there fine. On the way back I got to stay in the South Korea Airport (Incheon) for 8 hours -- I really hated sleeping at the airport. I don't think I will be flying them again anytime soon.

I have had good experiences with Cathay Pacific, and China Airlines. I am to fly Air Canada for this next trip in Feburary. They will be on Airbus planes -- I prefer Boeing, but maybe I get to fly on that new airbus double deck airplane.

Each time I have gone to China it has been on EVA Airways into Macao. The extra border crossing is kind of a pain and the flights are no frills but certainly acceptable and very professional. Good deals to be had from Travelocity. This time I purchased a round trip for me and a one-way for her. She checked with the customs office in Zhongshan to confirm that a Chinese citizen may transit through Taipei without any problems. Just as I suspected, it is OK but she may not leave the terminal there.

All our tickets for this trip totalled less than $1700 and I have the peace of mind that they are in hand now.. To fly one-way and buy all the return tickets in China would have been about $100 more.

I returned from China about 4 days ago now, and I wanted to chime in on Korea Airlines. They were late leaving for China by 1 hour -- not that big of a deal, I made it there fine. On the way back I got to stay in the South Korea Airport (Incheon) for 8 hours -- I really hated sleeping at the airport. I don't think I will be flying them again anytime soon.

I have had good experiences with Cathay Pacific, and China Airlines. I am to fly Air Canada for this next trip in Feburary. They will be on Airbus planes -- I prefer Boeing, but maybe I get to fly on that new airbus double deck airplane.

Korea Airlines is *OK* but only from northern China.

My darling's little cousin is studying in Canada and does the flight from Qingdao to Incheon, and then from Incheon onto Toronto all of the time. She has told me that her little cousin has never had any problems and enjoys the flight (plus being able to stop over in Korean for up to 3 days if she wants to). However, it is only recommended from Chinese destinations which do not have direct flights (like Qingdao, Yantai, Dalian, QiQiHar, etc.)

I like to fly direct when possible. Delta always seemed to have the best direct fares whenever I travel to China. CSA is their partner. The service has always been great on all the CSA flights I've been on. The passengers have been good.

EVA is the best airlines I've flown with for the price. Whenever I fly with EVA I like to fly in their evergreen section. The price isn't too bad. The seats are older style recliners with a lot of room, and the best perk is the extra storage bin at the front of the section. One trip I carried on a big duffle bag, a back pack, and a guitar. The gate attendents don't say anything once they see the evergreen section ticket. They've also got great food, if you like asian food. Even when I had to sit in economy they had great service. I've never used them to fly to mainland China, but I've used them to fly to other countries, usually with a stop over in Taipei. The lay over in Taipei isn't too bad.

And, we've finally got the ticket cleared up. My fiancee was finally able to get the one way ticket from CSA. Still not sure why they wouldn't let her buy it the first time.