HOW MUCH LONGER FOR K-3?

Guest MXMS

Hi Everyone,

Merry Christmas!

My name is Mark. I live in Florida.

My wife, Xiaowei, lives in the city of Jilin in mainland China while we are waiting for her VISA.

We first applied in May with form I-130 to Texas. And when we received the Notice Of Action for that, we applied for the K-3 VISA in Chicago in June.

We NEVER EXPECTED ALL THIS TO TAKE SO LONG!!! :(

This past Tuesday, December 21, 2004, we received the best Christmas present we could hope for at this time.. WE RECEIVED OUR NOTICE OF APPROVAL FOR THE K-3 VISA from Chicago!!! :D :)

*Would someone please help us and let us know about how much longer it is going to take until she will finally get her interview in Guangzhou?*

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any information!

Regards, Mark

Hello Mark,

Welcome Aboard. Your I-129 is now on its way to the National Visa Center (NVC) there they will do a security check. Call them in a couple of days 1-603-334-0700 and talk to a human do not use the automated system. Give them the MSC number off your NOA2,your wifes name and birthdate. They will let you know the status of your file and give you a Guangzhou (GUZ) number. The security check takes a couple of weeks usually so call them back in a couple and ask if your file has been sent to Guangzhou yet. Once it is sent to Guangzhou the file takes about a month to clear customs and be delivered to the Consulate then about a week or two to get into there system and send the P-3 to your wife. She then should fillout and return to the Consulate forms DS-230 and OF-169 ASAP, this gets you into the waiting queue for an interview date. That has been taking 4 to 5 months. Look at my timeline it is about average. I am hoping for an interveiw date in February. Hope this helps.

Mark,

Congratulations. You should actually consider yourself lucky. I also live in Florida and I also sent my 130 and 129 in May/June but I still haven't gotten my P2 yet.

So, you may have waited a while but realize that there are some people who are still waiting.

Sorry but this wait is REALLY pissing me off and I need to vent.

Michael

THANKS SO MUCH for the help and information! :)

I really appreciate it! :) I didn't expect a response so quickly! :)

*So since I received my NOTICE OF APPROVAL for the K-3 VISA on December 21st.. From what you are saying, she will probably have her interview sometime in July 2005?*

*I was also wondering about the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT.

I have not been asked for, nor have I summited, an AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT..

When will I be asked for the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT?.. Before the interview?.. At the time of the interview?.. After my wife is already here in the USA while we are awaiting her I-130 visa?*

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP! :)

Regards, Mark

mxms@joimail.com

Mark,

If everything continues along as it has and you don't have any glitches July would be a good guess. But things can change quickly, a year ago it was maybe a month and a half to a two month wait between P-3 and P-4

You will need I-134 affidavit of support for the interveiw. Don't get it together to soon though, I will have filled out three by the time this is all over, the information has to be current with the interview date.

After she is here and you are filling for AOS you will need to file I-864 affidavit of support

Don has put together a good set of P-3 and P-4 forms that your wife will receive, they are for the K-1, the main difference between the K-1 and K-3 packages is that K-3 P-3 you get all of the forms and the P-4 is only a letter informing you of the interview date, so look at all the P-3 and P-4 forms in the links and resources section. She will need to send in the OF-169 and the DS-230 ASAP so look at them so you can be prepared to help her fill them out and the OF-169 is a list of all the Documents she will need to have for the interview.

Good Luck