Visa pick up process?

I was interviewed on December 11. They kept my pastport, which they did not do earlier in August.

What will the process of my visa pick up be like? Just turn in the EMS letter in the morning and they will give me my pastport with visa in the afternoon?

Do they allow someone else to pick it up for me?

Thanks.

So far what I have heard is, I may be wrong, they do not give out the passport with visa right away. You have to turn in the notice in the morning, and then pick up the visa in the afternoon. So a same day roundtrip to GZ is out of the question. Why it’s so difficult to hand out a visa when everything is ready? beats me. They just operate like that, good things turn sour.

Yan,s parents went to Guangzhou to pick up her visa and passport. They send a form for power of attorney for you to sign to allow someone else to pick up the visa for you.They dropped off the letter in the morning and had the visa at the end of the day.Early on some people were having to wait an extra day to get the visa so it may be a good idea to allow for an extra day just in case.Her father was the last one to get a visa that day, he was worried that he may have to come back the next day. Good Luck.

Paul and Yan

I have never even gone to the Chinese Embassy.  I delt with them entirely by mail and they were prompt and efficient, which is surprising, since nothing works that well in China itself.

Occasionally there is a delay by mail. Sounds familiar? :P. It happened to me once, and I had to call the China Consulate to get my visa mailed to me a week ahead of my trip. Since then, I always go in person. :)